SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi group!
I can finally join the elite R community.
Last week I purchased a 2004 V70R
.I had to go all the way to Boston to pick it up.
Next week I'm taking my baby to the dealer to fix "clunking" axel and leak in the power steering reservoir.
My question:
-is there anything else that I need to ask the dealer to check?

Thanks! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
63,013 Posts
Re: R newbee in Baltimore area (mihaj)

Hmm. Your PS leak is the clamp, almost all 04's had this problem, the new style clamp is your cure
Where is your noise, front or rear?
If in front, the most common problem is the axles splines which have to be Locktited, this is more of a clicking than a clunk.
If in the rear, have fun

· Registered
1,648 Posts

Quote, originally posted by mihaj »
Hi group!
.I had to go all the way to Boston to pick it up.
Next week I'm taking my baby to the dealer to fix "clunking" axel and leak in the power steering reservoir.
My question:
-is there anything else that I need to ask the dealer to check?

Thanks! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

I just had my PS leak fixed last month.

BTW, where are you taking your car for service? I'm in Baltimore too. Well, at least half the time.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

I dropped my R off this morning at Koons in Owings Mills. Will see what they can do. Hopefully, they can gat it done in reasonably time, because I miss it allready. I drove my 850 this morning........ you know.

The clicking noise is definitely coming from the front and mainly driver's side.

One more question. I'm a sound junky. I dont like it loud but I like it good. My R has all the options but the subwoofer. And now I.m thinking, should I spend $450 for the stock sub or go with aftermarket? And how about the head unit?

Thanks again,
Mike

· Registered
968 Posts

Hi group!
I feel like a nobody now with my measily S60 T5. Anyways before purchasing my 01 T5 last month I was eye-balling this 2004 black S60R very clean for only 29K on special sale... but the wifey wouldn't let me...
felt like throwing off the cliff to get rid of her so I can have my R.. just JK

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: R newbee in Baltimore area (blackTT55)

I did not ask.........
And now I'm getting the looks.......
But we are spliting up anyway.
I guess bying my R was a recoil from the situation that I'm in. Don't feel bad just stay with your dream and move towards it

Cheers! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
21,025 Posts
Re: (mihaj)

The clicking noise is definitely coming from the front and mainly driver's side.

If the loctite doesn't work, ask them for new axle bolts. That's what the field tech did to mine after two loctites and a hub replacement didn't work.

· Registered
1,765 Posts

Thanks guys!

I dropped my R off this morning at Koons in Owings Mills. Will see what they can do. Hopefully, they can gat it done in reasonably time, because I miss it allready. I drove my 850 this morning........ you know.

One more question. I'm a sound junky. I dont like it loud but I like it good. My R has all the options but the subwoofer. And now I.m thinking, should I spend $450 for the stock sub or go with aftermarket? And how about the head unit?

Thanks again,
Mike

Mike,
I used to take my R to Koons for service. They do good work. My service underwriter was Dan, who are you using??

Also, where do you live? Baltimore is a big area.

· Registered
2,962 Posts

Dan's cool. Very good w/TNN's when I show it to him. I go there too with my R car. Bought it there as well. Don't know much about Bruce - seems like I nice guy. They do good work there, but they are mod-unfriendly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.