Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
funny, although serious

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: (phuz)

Back in the thread, I posted that they aren't dishwasher safe. If they get heated up too much, I think the glue that holds the metal canister inside may seperate from the plastic.

Also, if you looked at the little warning paper that was inside the mug when you first opened it, it warns that the mug is not dishwasher safe.
(I'm sure you read it but just forgot).

Having said all that, someone else that purchased one in the original round posted that they wash it in the dishwasher regularly with no problems.

So, if you mess it up, try glueing it back together, or contact Takspeed, Alan bought some extras.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pheww!
thanks ;D

(yeah, i forgot..)

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Re: ("R" Kelly)

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »
Back in the thread, I posted that they aren't dishwasher safe. If they get heated up too much, I think the glue that holds the metal canister inside may seperate from the plastic.

I have only handwashed my mug and the metal cainister still seperated from the plastic.

Once that happened, I started getting some residue in my coffee every day, even though I washed the plastic and metal canister seperately before putting it back together. I've stopped using my mug now because of that.

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: (Volvo Grrrr)

Quote, originally posted by Volvo Grrrr »
Once that happened, I started getting some residue in my coffee every day, even though I washed the plastic and metal canister seperately before putting it back together.

How is that possible? It is a solid metal piece, and connects to plastic on the outside, 1/2" down from lip.

Residue would have to be from soap left inside metal thermos portion or on inside of lid.

Maybe hand rinsing wasn't so good?

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts

I have the first version you made. It's not like the solid version that you have on this mug. Mine is more of a cap that slip onto the mug. I can show you pics if you want. It's at home.

Nah, it wasn't a soapy taste..more metallic. I did rinse for a minute or so so I have no clue what it was. Maybe some oxidation forming.

·
Registered
18,762 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Volvo Grrrr »
I have the first version you made. It's not like the solid version that you have on this mug. Mine is more of a cap that slip onto the mug.

Ron-

Love ya man, but first version is exactly the same except with a white R...

If you have a different mug, I'd love to see it, cuz lord knows I didn't order it.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts

I'm betting it's a Starbucks paper cup stuck inside the R mug.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Re: (Our R)

Top rack should be fine.

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts

LOL!

It's the silver cap on the cover, where your sip your cofee from. Thanks for posting the picture.

·
Registered
18,762 Posts

Oh, your cap came apart... never heard that one.

Let me see if it is possible to get a new cap from the company... mugs are only in orders of 36, but caps should be a stand alone item... would you be interested if it was only a couple of $?

·
Registered
21,340 Posts

I love a car board where we can have a long post about our coffee mugs!

Easy solution. Hand wash. Not really that hard, it's stainless and doesn't stain. If you do get it dirty, go to work, swipe some of that industrial strength coffee pot cleaner, and let it soak overnight. Hand wash in morning.

Bingo, clean mug.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts