SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my story. Purchased a used 04' SR in Dec. of 04'. While trying to cut a deal with the salesman, I notice on the shelf behind him, a black box with the R on it. It's a completely intact intro kit given to dealerships. It contains a poster, pin, 10 brochures, a sample of all paint and interior leather, a invitation to the driving seminar and a letter from Volvo explaining the contents. The date on the letter is in April of 03'. I end up having him throw the box in with the purchase of my baby. Most of these kits were probably broken up and various items distributed to customers and staff. My question is..Does anybody have some R memorabilia they want to share? I'd love to see some pics of other R items out there. Here are some of the kit.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Re: R memorabilia anyone? (wes3639)

That's really cool, I'd love to have an R poster like that, and to think that so many dealers simply just threw them all away. I'd also like to see some pics of your car if you have them!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts

Hey, I want one or two or three.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (bingo1)

Quote, originally posted by bingo1 »
Could you have a serious photog take a hi-res pic of the poster and make avail to us fellow SS pfans?
I will try to stop by a local print shop this weekend and see what they can do.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: R memorabilia anyone? (cmurphy2266)

Quote, originally posted by cmurphy2266 »
That's really cool, I'd love to have an R poster like that, and to think that so many dealers simply just threw them all away. I'd also like to see some pics of your car if you have them!
It is sad that most of these probably did end up at a land fill.
I haven't taken any recent pics but plan on doing that this weekend too!
This site has a lot more R traffic on it than it used to years ago when I first joined.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Re: (tomedkaz)

I have the living "interactive" PDF. good enough for me.

Oh yeah, and pumas that are nordkap, aluminum, and LED green...

·
Banned
3,517 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Re: R memorabilia anyone? (JARMO)

Jarmo, where did you get that stuff.

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
Re: R memorabilia anyone? (baxteR)

Quote, originally posted by baxteR »
Jarmo, where did you get that stuff.
I followed my passion, made of my hobby my work so I worked at a dealership ... but the company policy wanted more invoices with just 1 lightbulb instead of selling 5-6hrs on 1 repair/service invoice. So I left (and a few more reasons why I left). So I "took" the things in that picture home (the scalemodels I bought) ... the dealership had a few of those items so taking 1 of each they never felt (and I asked the salesman that ordered my R if I may have it)
the R-market is too little here

Ow, I swapped the interior of the flashgreen with the black -> I've a flashgreen with nordkap

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Re: R memorabilia anyone? (JARMO)

Let me know if you ever want to sell.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts

I Acquired Both Of These 30+ Page Booklets When I Was In Sales Back In 2003. Lots Of Great Info. I Also Have The Box You Have, An OSD Hardwood Ad(2ft X1.5ft) For The R's and Silk Cloth Hang Ups(5ft X 3 ft) Of The 4C Chassis and The Atacama Interior and All 4 Model Year Brochures(Including 1 04 Swedish Language Only One Too).

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

Quote, originally posted by wes3639 »
It is sad that most of these probably did end up at a land fill.
I haven't taken any recent pics but plan on doing that this weekend too!
This site has a lot more R traffic on it than it used to years ago when I first joined.

Fortunately, that's one of the positive effects of depreciation. Hopefully in the coming years, there will be a lot more younger drivers who will buy R's and do some serious modding.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: R memorabilia anyone? (brettborders)

Quote, originally posted by brettborders »
I Acquired Both Of These 30+ Page Booklets When I Was In Sales Back In 2003. Lots Of Great Info. I Also Have The Box You Have, An OSD Hardwood Ad(2ft X1.5ft) For The R's and Silk Cloth Hang Ups(5ft X 3 ft) Of The 4C Chassis and The Atacama Interior and All 4 Model Year Brochures(Including 1 04 Swedish Language Only One Too).
That's a lot of goodies!!! I have seen the cloth hang ups, but the other stuff, I've never seen. Nice memorabilia!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Re: R memorabilia anyone? (Papa_Kirlo)

I almost..... AMOST.... snagged an R watch on eBay two nights ago. I was $1 short, and the last second bid thing F'd me up. I was so mad. If it went to someone here though, I'll concede respectfully.

·
6,444 Posts
Re: R memorabilia anyone? (MancUnited1)

Quote, originally posted by MancUnited1 »
I almost..... AMOST.... snagged an R watch on eBay two nights ago. I was $1 short, and the last second bid thing F'd me up. I was so mad. If it went to someone here though, I'll concede respectfully.

how much did it go for?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.