SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice low mileage S60R / V70R turbo Exhaust manifold, no cracks, perfect upgrade for any 5-cylinder turbo Volvo. Lower you EGTs and open up some flow. These are said to flow approximately 35% better then stock! Part 30637921. Will fit 1994-1998 850 turbo, 1999-2007 cylinder V70 S70 S60 XC70 turbo, 1998-2004 C70, Thank You for looking! $200.00 is shipped US only.

·
Registered
160 Posts
What performance gain do you get in a stock car (T5). Is it something you notice when driving? . Do you know? glws

ps: how hard is it to change it? Can be done at home?

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I used to sell a lot of these and installed one on my wagon. There is a noticeable change in exhaust tone and perhaps a small shift in the powerband. What I most noticed was how much cooler the engine bay was after installing this which was a big plus for my Öhlins shock reservoirs. I'm not sure it's a big performance gain but there are other positive aspects that make it a worthwhile upgrade.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input Will! Like I said above there will be lower exhaust gas temperatures (EGT's) so you will be running cooler. It's been said to flow 35% better then stock manifolds so you should get a little quicker spool.
As for installation it's a fairly easy I've done it plenty of times in the driveway. Pulling the turbo is the easiest way to get the room to swap it and you'll need new exhaust manifold gaskets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts