SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found on a swedish forum, translated:
I have a couple of manifolds, acually don´t know if the sat on some other market or if it´s some prototype manifold from volvo. They aren´t moulded (right word?) like stock, theese are welded. Looks like they will get a better flow.

Suits for S60R Turbo, kkk

compared to stock, the form is the same. Even the stock heat shield looks like it could suit on this. Anyone seen before? Or could it be a prototype manifold?

Try to contacted him without any succed, will try again. They were so cheap so i´ll problaby buy one for test. :)

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I actually just saw the same this last weekend. Looking to try and get my hands on one. They are supposedly a Volvo part, but for police vehicles like for the Euro V70R Police Editon. Only time will tell if a vendor will be able to get a hold of some and sell them at a fair price.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Interesting. Did anyone say how much something like that would cost, and the gains?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I actually just saw the same this last weekend. Looking to try and get my hands on one. They are supposedly a Volvo part, but for police vehicles like for the Euro V70R Police Editon. Only time will tell if a vendor will be able to get a hold of some and sell them at a fair price.
very interesting. can't wait to see what you guys find out.

·
Registered
11,936 Posts
If it's a Volvo part you should be able to find it in VIDA... just enter in a Police spec vehicle...

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
If it's a Volvo part you should be able to find it in VIDA... just enter in a Police spec vehicle...
It is in Vida, but only if you install the intenational ver. if you install the Volvo NA edition it will not come up.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
It is in Vida, but only if you install the intenational ver. if you install the Volvo NA edition it will not come up.
Yup. I couldn't find it in VIDA because I don't have the international version. Someone with that version should provide us with a part number ;)

·
Registered
919 Posts
do we really think this is better? welded vs cast is gonna reduce roughness (1hp??) but is flow area any greater? maybe if is thinner walls...

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I think internal volume is increased by 15-20%. I am definately thinking at higher horsepower levels the exhaust manifold is a choking point. I will be sourcing one of these if I can get my hands on one. If not I will be buying another R manifold and have it profesionally ported and polished, and then coated.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
no, the focus RS manifold comes with part of the hot side of the turbo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts