SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2005 Volvo S60R Manual Transmission car is now getting older with 40k miles on the clock. (low I know).

So this leads me to my question.

Since it is a 2005 with only 40k What do you think I need to do to it?

I change oil every 5k with Mobil 1 and OEM oil filter
Has a new EuroSport oil filter (dig the blue)
It has new brake fluid change annually because I track the car (Motul RBF 600) great fluid
I might do pads at the end of this summer depending on track days actually ran

I have yet to do plugs which I might do for the heck of it they are easy to do and I need to clean under the blue covers.

What else? Think I need to worry about Vac lines? Anything with the diffs?

Car runs great aside from an odd noise after it gets hot which is totally phantom and I cannot recreate it for anyone randomly occurs.

Ideas? Flames? Let me know I welcome it all :)

Cheers :beer:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
As I recently discovered, remove Throttle Body and clean!
Mine was very sticky and causing idle to be quite bad.
This is what it looks like very dirty, never cleaned, 120k miles:

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Flames? Let me know I welcome it all :)

Cheers :beer:

Now that that's over with..

Just keep up on the basic "PREVENTATIVE" maintenance there is a chart somewhere in cyberspace which allows you to see what should be done at each interval. Primarily, get some good oil in there, use some goood gas and you shouldn't see anything but basic maintenance until around 70k when you need a new clutch and your angle gear explodes.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I would change all the fluids after every track day; most serious track guys do. OEM fluids seem to work just fine. Since you track the car get the Hard Brakes titanium brake shims and some stainless steal braided brake lines. I really like my shims and hopefully will have time to put my stainless lines on soon.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would change all the fluids after every track day; most serious track guys do. OEM fluids seem to work just fine. Since you track the car get the Hard Brakes titanium brake shims and some stainless steal braided brake lines. I really like my shims and hopefully will have time to put my stainless lines on soon.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
Oil is changed after most track days. As for harder brake pads.. Meh not a real fan, I have to say I have been running the stock brembo pads and I outbrake most any car on the track. I run Summit Main (Summit Point Raceway) A good bit it has a super long front stretch the R brakes are so good I can late brake, and late Apex turn 1 every time with out brake fade. Fluid ok yes non stock, pads, rotors.. stock and happy.

So seriously what else? Anything I can do to baby the clutch or angle gear?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Oil is changed after most track days. As for harder brake pads.. Meh not a real fan, I have to say I have been running the stock brembo pads and I outbrake most any car on the track. I run Summit Main (Summit Point Raceway) A good bit it has a super long front stretch the R brakes are so good I can late brake, and late Apex turn 1 every time with out brake fade. Fluid ok yes non stock, pads, rotors.. stock and happy.

So seriously what else? Anything I can do to baby the clutch or angle gear?
Check the fluid and for leaks. Reseal if needed and top off the fluid.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Replacing the angle gear fluid, rear differential fluid, and Haldex/AOC fluids are an absolute must for any R that gets some track time. I'd also replace the manual gearbox fluid, too.
Okay so what type of fluid? Anyone have a link to a writeup of changing it? I know on my 4Runner rear diff fluid comes out the back of the diff and I pump the new fluid in.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts