SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after clicking over to 95,000 miles plus, the little gremlins were just getting to tiresome. The newest one was an intermittent 'Trunk Open" dashboard warning when it was definitely closed. Also started getting a new nuisance cel to catalyst failure. This one affected drive-ability more than MAF out of range.

Was interested in a 5 series or an Audi S5. Drove an M5 with the SMG transmission which I can only describe as a joke due to hesitation between shifts. The only way it felt normal was with your foot in the floor, ALL THE TIME!!!. That wasn't going to work with that V-10. Found both a Manual 550i and a Manual S5, both 09 models with less than 30K mileage. Both had full Nav comfort and drove well. The Red leather in the Audi just looked like it had more than the mileage and didn't know how it would last. Also the BMW was a CPO to 100K and the Audi wasn't. BMW dealer took the Volvo to their associated Volvo dealer and offered 2500 more than the Porsche dealer that had the S5.

Long story short, Now proud owner of a Camry!!! :D

To avoid that heres a few pics. Got it tinted 20% sides, 5% rear, carbon roundels and black kidney grills on the way.

Will stop by from time to time to visit the most spirited forum in existence and keep an eye out in the classifieds for the garage cleaning. Theres a bunch of purchased, but never installed stuff,
like:
NOS inter-cooler spray, HD endlinks, SS brake lines, Brake system flush tool and Bluepower dual exhaust rear, sides and eyebrows.

Thanks to all who have helped make the R one of the most interesting and fun cars I've ever owned!!!
Cheers!!:beer:

Out with the old:

In with the new (Not Camry..)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
How much for the ss brake lines? And nice looking 5 by the way.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Sick looking BMW and the R was looking like a beast as well. How much you trying to get for the intercooler chiller?

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Nice choice with the 5 series. BMW's can certainly have their problems as well--in fact my father sold his 7 series and purchased an R at one point haha. There were lots of little gremlins with the 7 series, mostly electrical, like telescoping steering wheel not working (cost $2500 to fix under warranty), passenger side power headrest not working etc. Still a great car and a super silky transmission. One thing that was surprisingly nice is our local BMW dealer was incredible. Provided a brand new loaner vehicle whenever my father took his BMW in for service, were extremely kind, and even allowed my parents to go on a long distance trip to Vegas in a brand new 335i while his car was in the shop.

The interiors on the 5 series are gorgeous as well. I do hope you enjoy it and it's certainly a worthy car to get after an R. :p

I met a Polish guy with the M5 model that you drove and he was telling me the car was indeed built mostly for track use, but in my opinion, as most BMW's try to simultaneously be everyday cars, the crappy transmission shifting in normal driving is really inexcusable.

In any case, enjoy the 5 series! You seem to have picked a good one and it was nice having you around here. :)

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Nice Bimmer!

I'll take the HD endlinks when ready.

·
Super Moderator
14,838 Posts
Well after clicking over to 95,000 miles plus, the little gremlins were just getting to tiresome. The newest one was an intermittent 'Trunk Open" dashboard warning when it was definitely closed. Also started getting a new nuisance cel to catalyst failure. This one affected drive-ability more than MAF out of range.
This is bad wiring practice on Volvo's part. My G/F's S40 had this issue and when I inspected the wiring, I found a broken wire inside the wire loom from the trunk lid to the body. The wiring had been bent back and forth so many times from opening/closing that it just kinda snapped (like bending metal back and forth until it breaks).

Sorry to see you go, but good luck with the Bimmer!

·
Registered
332 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts