SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a place that is going to fabricate a FMIC kit for my car. They have agreed if there is going to be any kind of group buy that they would offer some price incetive to the initial group. To custom make this it is going to be between 1500 and 2300 dollars plus shipping. I am going to drive there this Christmas break and let them use my R for measuring and so forth.

Just to get an idea, how many would be interested in this?

I would organize this but do NOT want to be responsible for the finacial tracsaction so if this ends up happening, I would only collect your info (SN and real name) and put you in contact with the company to pay them directly.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

·
Registered
100 Posts
damn nice man, although I have a V70 R it's still good to see other people trying to innovate new goodies w/o waiting for say IPD to come out with a kit with all in it for the V70's I guess, I don't even think there's any other bolt on upgrades for a stock IC anywhere is there ? Is it a royal PITA trying to get something from Japan or Sweden and converting currency,etc etc ? thanks and good luck man,,,

·
Registered
85 Posts
Re: R FMIC Kit (R_Rated)

Wait before everyone gets excited an starts blowing there $$.
If you guys can't wait for the Evolve FMIC, there is a guy on ebay that will custom make you one... An on a group buy you will save alot of $$.
His name is JR #1-360-263-3748
For sample a custom 31"x8.5"x3".5 bar an plate design $400.00 an his work is quality stuff, I know because I am a custom fabricator myself, an I have seen his workmanship (VERY NICE WELDS!!)
Hope this little bit of info help some of you guys

Thanks
Racerx88

·
Registered
85 Posts
Re: (R_Rated)

You do not need new mounts for rad, just shorter bolt's.
I'm sure that he could....are better yet a local speed shop/fab shop should be able to help you out. Even better yet, have them made. An build some jig's then reproduce them yourself

Racerx

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: (oskarom)

FMIC not worth it IMO if you live in Iceland or Germany, no real performance gains unless it is hot outside. If you live where it breaks 90 degrees regularly, good idea. Makes the car perform as if it were about 60 degrees in 90 degree weather. Stock intercoolers get heat soaked because they are behind radiator and a/c and loose their effectiveness. FMIC stay cool easier because of their location, and most are much higher flow as well, useful if upgrading turbo.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
for sub 30 dehree weather the intercooler problably won't do much of anything but for any kind of performance in warm or hot weather and it will breath MUCH better. Problably not much as far as peak HP gains but for linear power in less that perfect world scenarios........ a necesity.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
i think most of us would see bigger/better power gains by running a bigger/better turbo.

an intercooler is a great idea...but if I had to spend money, I'd rather put it into the turbo first.

Wasn't Johann making OVER 400 hp on the stock intercooler, but with an upgraded turbo???

·
Registered
356 Posts
Re: R FMIC Kit (R_Rated)

I spoke with the guy at TME in Sweden the other day and finally figured out that TME is not quite the same as MTE.

Whatever, the point is I asked them about the FMIC upgrade and to make a long story short, it will cost me a trip up to MTE in Stockholm, 1 1/2 days to work on, and about the same $2000 - $2300 for the upgrade & installation.

I've always wanted to visit Sweden, and this Summer I think I'll take a trip to Stockholm and drop the car off @ MTE while I'm there.

BTW here is their website for those interested: http://www.mte.se/

Modified by ArtVandelay0023 at 11:22 AM 11-13-2006

Modified by ArtVandelay0023 at 11:27 AM 11-13-2006

Modified by ArtVandelay0023 at 4:03 PM 11-13-2006

Modified by ArtVandelay0023 at 8:13 PM 12-15-2006

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.