SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity for a great deal to lease a nicely equipped XC60 T5 R-Design. My mind had been set on an Inscription but the dealer won’t have any more 2019s coming their way.

I’m not a big fan of the nubuck seats but they were still plenty comfortable. Is there anything that I’m going to miss by going with the R-Design over the Inscription? I really couldn’t get a feel for the sport chassis and it does have the air suspension.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Venting seats are only on inscription. The seats and their adjustments and features in general are the real difference other than ascetics for the most part. I for one wouldnt buy without advanced package for adaptive cruise and pilot assist and that's not too common on T5 but available...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Venting seats are only on inscription. The seats and their adjustments and features in general are the real difference other than ascetics for the most part. I for one wouldnt buy without advanced package for adaptive cruise and pilot assist and that's not too common on T5 but available...
This particular T5 does have the advance package - that’s a must have for me. I hardly use the ventilated seats in my current vehicle so I don’t think I’ll miss those much. I am a little annoyed that the r-design doesn’t have 4 zone climate control.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I just had a T6 Inscription with Luxury seats for two days. When I was shopping for my XC60, I thought I wanted the Inscription with Liner Lime and Amber interior, but now I’m glad I “settled” for my R-Design. The ventilated seats are louder than I expected and the trim upgrades and leather dash are nice to look at, but honestly I stopped “noticing” it fairly quick. The Luxury seats are more supple, but the bolstering and body hold is better on the R-Design for me. If someone was overweight I could see how they might not like the R-Design seats as much.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I just had a T6 Inscription with Luxury seats for two days. When I was shopping for my XC60, I thought I wanted the Inscription with Liner Lime and Amber interior, but now I’m glad I “settled” for my R-Design. The ventilated seats are louder than I expected and the trim upgrades and leather dash are nice to look at, but honestly I stopped “noticing” it fairly quick. The Luxury seats are more supple, but the bolstering and body hold is better on the R-Design for me. If someone was overweight I could see how they might not like the R-Design seats as much.
Actually, vented luxury seats are not more supple than R-design seats, in my experience -probably due to the built-in massage mechanism. If the OP can live with nubuck, R-design seats are really the best contoured and supportive of what's available. Air suspension makes the ride sublime - it's an excellent option.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I went with Inscription with luxury seats because I did not like the nubuck. My previous 2015.5 XC60 was an R-Design with leather seats. While I am very happy with the Inscription, after a year I still think the RD seats (at least in the 2015.5) were more comfortable. Otherwise, given comparable option packages, there is no meaningful difference between the RD & Inscription.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Actually, vented luxury seats are not more supple than R-design seats, in my experience -probably due to the built-in massage mechanism. If the OP can live with nubuck, R-design seats are really the best contoured and supportive of what's available. Air suspension makes the ride sublime - it's an excellent option.
They felt slightly softer to me. The massage feature is excellent and probably worth the costs if you do a lot of long distance driving. I agree the R-Design is more supportive and with air suspension the ride quality is the best I’ve had in any car I’ve owned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts