SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to share something here with you.:confused:
Since last week, the specs of the R-design versions for MY2020 are known and can be configured in Belgium.

I got a little faded from this.
In 2018 we had 407hp ,49g CO2 on 22inch, a nicely decorated XC60, with the Alu accents as my previous XC60's (MY2010 and MY2015), and the beautiful premium crystal gear lever.

They have made some adjustments of which I think, "that's a pity".

Things that have changed:

Unfortunately:

- There are now no more aluminum accents on the XC60 R-design, these have become Glossy Black, I think they want to promote the polestar engineered (PE) with the titanium accents so therefore the R-design is a bit downgraded.
I always loved the R-design versions with the aluminum caps and accents, was nice looking and familiar.
The disadvantage of the Glossy Black parts at Volvo is that they are extremely sensitive to scratches.

-On a Twin engine version you no longer have a crystal poker in an R-design version, but the standard leather from the automatic.

-The power of the T8 is now 390pk, PE has 407pk, in my opinion, the engine power was always been cut back to the PE version.

-The interior loses its Alcantara in the seats, would this now be replaced with leather, would that be a pro, but this will now be replaced with textile!

In my opinion this breaks the experience for people who like to be just a bit sportier in an R-design, but do not want the race dampers, ceramic brakes and the price tag of the PE.
I understand that volvo wants to earn more money, but it has to be Value for money, because the price has not become any cheaper since MY2018.

I have some pictures, which is funny, in the configurator the XC60 throws its mirrors away itself, it will probably not agree with it either. :D

Front MY2018

Front MY2020

Back MY2018

Back MY2020

Interior MY2018

Interior MY2020

I dont wanna I

I dont wanna II

See it yourself:
https://www.volvocars.com/nl-be/configurator/suv/xc60/r-design/t8-twin-engine-plug-in-hybride-8-traps-geartronic%E2%84%A2/summary?s=BWMZAZ7

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Definitely interesting. I also had a wtf moment looking at the configuration pages. :)

·
Registered
997 Posts
I'll be glad when the glossy black fad is over and done. It's on everything from phones to cars and everywhere I look I see scratches. It's been going on for quite a while now. It's time for a change. I vote for matte. Anyway, the trend still seems to be looks over function.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
-On a Twin engine version you no longer have a crystal poker in an R-design version, but the standard leather from the automatic.

-The power of the T8 is now 390pk, PE has 407pk, in my opinion, the engine power was always been cut back to the PE version.
The shifter appears to be crystal, partially wrapped in leather. Look again.

The power is slightly down because Volvo (and most manufacturers) is deploying particulate filters to all of it's vehicles. Same as modern diesels, less particulates and less power.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, het Christal gear-leaver is only available on the inscription version in the MY2020, it used to be an item on the T8 list, now on the inscription list, and no option aside for the R-design version.
And about the power, its just the idea, almost 400hp of over 400hp. I get a strange feeling about that.

·
Registered
226 Posts
No surprise to me... I was expecting those changes because that sounds just like what they did for the 2020 XC90 as announced about a month ago...

And I don’t know if I’d say that the black trim is a downgrade... it’s just different. I kind of like it. To each its own. I’m fine as long as it’s not chrome. The shifter thing did piss me off when they announced it on the 90. I know I’m getting an RD, but I’m still debating between T6 or T8, and I definitely wanted that crystal shifter if I ended up going with the T8.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any confirmation that the T8 gets more range but a hump in the trunk load floor?
Between that and all the above, damn glad I got my 2019 when I did!
For the MY2018 the capacity was 10,6kWh, the range was 45km

Energiecapaciteit van de batterij – 11,6 kWh
Elektrische actieradius NEDC 2.0 (km) – 51 (A) / 48 (B) / 46 (C)
Elektrische actieradius WLTP (in de stad) km – 45 - 39
Elektrische actieradius WLTP (gecombineerd) km – 46 - 42

I think is has like 3km more range now, in real life.

Looks like the trunk floor is stil the same

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
So from the looks of it, the seats are the same as in the new S60. Let me tell you - those are better. They are much more comfortable. Also, the design is now has more emphasis on leather and less on Nubuck.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I am not sure what gloss black accents you are referring to? The main trim still appears to be metal mesh? I agree with rumyn and like the new seats better than Nubuck. Still, would have preferred full leather and in more colors. I don't mind the leather shifter knob, it looks fine. It is not the same shape as the T6? Also would have liked to see a couple new exterior paint options...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I am not sure what gloss black accents you are referring to? The main trim still appears to be metal mesh?
I think this pertains to the gloss black vs. aluminum trim around the windows.

·
Registered
686 Posts
thanks for the heads up tom
still no changes of import. they've elected to keep the same shape and style for another year, no must buy the new one anxiety here. plud no, don't like the shiny black, matt is the right finish. wish my chrome was matt.
really though, i will probably abandon the xc60 for the all electric polestar, unless volvo starts delivery of an electric xc40 R design before.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts