SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a fully loaded XC90 and can't find one anywhere locally. I found one in Nashville that is the R-Design. The seats appear to be a cloth material in the center section, at least in the photos they appear this way. Is this an option, do some of the seats have another material in the center section? I've looked at the Volvo USA website and don't see any photos where the seats appear as they do on the dealers website.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've been looking for a fully loaded XC90 and can't find one anywhere locally. I found one in Nashville that is the R-Design. The seats appear to be a cloth material in the center section, at least in the photos they appear this way. Is this an option, do some of the seats have another material in the center section? I've looked at the Volvo USA website and don't see any photos where the seats appear as they do on the dealers website.
The center portion of the r-design seats are not cloth, but nubuck leather. (Feels like suede) The inscription has perforated leather. This along with the wood dash, wheels, leather dash, are the main differences between the r-design and inscription.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The center portion of the r-design seats are not cloth, but nubuck leather. (Feels like suede) The inscription has perforated leather. This along with the wood dash, wheels, leather dash, are the main differences between the r-design and inscription.
Thanks, appreciate the information.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Don't forget the paddle shifter and the fact that the R-Design looks better! :D:p:D

·
Registered
98 Posts
i have white R-design..i was worried about seats as well..but i was wrong..looks high quality material.. last night all my friends came over to check it..out and couple of them own 2015 q7.. they were impressed.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I think the odds of me finding one loaded are slim. My local dealer doesn't seem to order them that way and they are saying around four months if I order one. I discussed them giving me a new XC90 as a loaner until mine arrived if I do decide to special order but the manager wouldn't commit. I ordered a new XC90 with the Yamaha V8 from the same dealer years ago and they gave me a brand new XC90 until mine arrived but not sure this manager will work with me.

Our lease isn't up until the 1st of April on our BMW so I have a little time to figure out what we want for sure. BMW is releasing any 2016 diesels yet, Mercedes is doing a refresh of the GL series so limited stock in those since they are coming out either 2017 in April.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Well good luck to you, if you're looking for something sportier then R-Design is a great choice. Now if you're feeling a bit sophisticated and want that luxury feel then go for the Inscription model. I really love the seats of the R-Design, you have to feel it for yourself to know how amazing these seats are. However there are some disadvantage with nubuck as a material on car seats so I suggest you keep that in mind with your purchase.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Well good luck to you, if you're looking for something sportier then R-Design is a great choice. Now if you're feeling a bit sophisticated and want that luxury feel then go for the Inscription model. I really love the seats of the R-Design, you have to feel it for yourself to know how amazing these seats are. However there are some disadvantage with nubuck as a material on car seats so I suggest you keep that in mind with your purchase.
What are the issues? Does Nubuck wear faster or something?

·
Registered
487 Posts
The softer texture of the Nubuck can hold crumbs and lint more than the nappa. But, it is also black so less likely to get damaged or stained or dye-rubbed like the nappa. Trade offs to both - R seats are very comfortable as are the others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
478 Posts
One of the nails in the coffin for the R-Design, for me, is that the seats don't have the adjustable side bolsters that the Inscription has. (at one point I had an R-Design on order, but changed to an Inscription)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts