SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to clean the RDesign interiors? 3 diferent types of fabrics: Leather - TTech cloth & the 3rd i dont know what it is (maybe Alcantara).

What products, and method you use?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
How to clean the RDesign interiors? 3 diferent types of fabrics: Leather - TTech cloth & the 3rd i dont know what it is (maybe Alcantara).

What products, and method you use?

Thanks!
Volvo sells a kit, but here in the US we have the all leather seats, so I just use a damp cloth to wipe down the seats; if you must clean the leather use Conditioner.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Puerto Rico is part of the U.S. ;)
Yes I know this, but they are considered their own market and get some things different than US-Market.

http://www.volvocars.com/pr/Pages/default.aspx

They only have the T6 and R-Design models for the S60. They also have 3 choices for interior on the RD, all Off-Black Leather like US-Market, off-black with white leather, and off-black leather/t-tec combo. Lip Spoiler is also a stand alone option like in other markets outside of ours.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
The Off-black / Ceramic is so pretty. =(

Why can't the US have nice things?

If this was available in the US, I would have already decided to go for an R-Design in Ice White with this interior. I can always pray they make it available for 2014 or 2015.

·
Registered
147 Posts
For leather, I use Lexol cleaner, followed by Lexol conditioner. Been using this product several years.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yes I know this, but they are considered their own market and get some things different than US-Market.
True. For example we only get 300hp on our RDs.

They only have the T6 and R-Design models for the S60. They also have 3 choices for interior on the RD, all Off-Black Leather like US-Market, off-black with white leather, and off-black leather/t-tec combo. Lip Spoiler is also a stand alone option like in other markets outside of ours.
Partly true. T5 is also available. Lip spoiler comes standard on our RDs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

http://www.volvocars.com/pr/Pages/default.aspx

I have the RD seat with the 3 types of fabrics, the leather, the T-Tech and the 3rd one i dont know what kind of fabric it is? and how to clean it? is a diferent kind of leather? because the texture is more grainy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
For leather, I use Lexol cleaner, followed by Lexol conditioner. Been using this product several years.
I second that, I am a big fan of Lexol leather conditioner and Vynilex trim cleaner/conditioner. I have been using the products for about 10 years now. My parents have a 2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue with 75,000MI and we have exclusively used those two products on it. About once or twice a year we will also use the leather cleaner to clean all of the leather surfaces, and then after we remove the cleaner we will condition the seats. No tears on the leather, no cracking. I have used it on all of my cars and have never had a tear or crack in the leather.

I am not sure how to treat the dash on the S60? With the grain on it, will it apply unevenly? I have treated the seats on our S60 R-Design and the XC70 with Lexol conditioner. Will treat them roughly monthly, unless they get dirty.

Be careful spraying or applying products on buttons, as a practice I do not apply treatment products over buttons or controls. If you have too much product it can leak into the switches and cause issues. That happened to the aforementioned Oldsmobile when a hand car-wash place sprayed a bunch of cleaner/conditioner on the drivers window switches. Shorted out the drivers power-window button :-(

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Way to stray off topic (odd for Swedespeed posters). He just needs help on the 3rd material used in his R-Design. Not cleaning tips!!! :facepalm::D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Way to stray off topic (odd for Swedespeed posters). He just needs help on the 3rd material used in his R-Design. Not cleaning tips!!! :facepalm::D
Adrian-C30R Thanks!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts