SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed there is no place for those of us who own the newer R-Designs. If I missed it please point it out to me, if not then at least it is a starting point.

Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
https://youtu.be/_eNhrl7ICV0
I came across this and made me so wish I had a manual for my R-Design. Also makes me wonder what mods I can do to get that kind of power out of my engine.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Lots of R-Design owners on this forum -- this is the place!

What market are you in? In North America the S60 R-Design was introduced in 2012.
They include the Polestar tune and are available only with the inline 6 cylinder T6 engine.
I understand in other markets the R-Design package was available with a larger number
of engines and the Polestar tune was not included.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya you are right there is quite a few of R owners, just hadn't seen a thread dedicated to the newer R design models. i.e. http://forums.swedespeed.com/forumdisplay.php?51-R-Forum-(2004-2007). My is a 2013 r-design and my location is in kansas U.S. How about you?

Also anyone elect to add extra polestar updates to the 2012 and newer cars? Dealership tells me it is adds 30-50 more horsepower.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
>> Also anyone elect to add extra polestar updates to the 2012 and newer cars? Dealership tells me it is adds 30-50 more horsepower.

I added it to my 2011 T6. Nice upgrade. All T6's (6 cylinder, but not an R-Design model)
can be upgraded. It goes from 304Hp, 325 lb/ft torque to 325 hp, 355 lb/ft torque.

R-Designs included it (in North America) where Volvo installed it at the dock. If
you have an R-Design you have the Polestar tune.

·
Registered
165 Posts
2015.5 V60 RD. With Polestar tune. Plus SprintBooster. Plus Ferrita DP + exhaust. Sport Intercooler to come when available with the radar.
Certainly getting sportier... Like it very much so far!

M.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Subscribed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
>> Also anyone elect to add extra polestar updates to the 2012 and newer cars? Dealership tells me it is adds 30-50 more horsepower.

I added it to my 2011 T6. Nice upgrade. All T6's (6 cylinder, but not an R-Design model)
can be upgraded. It goes from 304Hp, 325 lb/ft torque to 325 hp, 355 lb/ft torque.

R-Designs included it (in North America) where Volvo installed it at the dock. If
Really I will have to go talk to the dealer then. they got me to pay 1k for something then.

·
Registered
253 Posts
>>

Lucky NA folks.
Rest of the world RDs came with the stock 304hp and then you paid a bit more for the P* upgrade.

·
Registered
105 Posts
There are no 2011 R-designs. Being the first year of the S60 remodel, it was only available with the 300hp T6 engine. The following year, 2012, saw the introduction of the front wheel drive, 250hp T5 and the 325hp T6 R-design trims. All of the "regular" 300hp T6 engines can be Polestar optimized, as a dealer installed option, to match the power output of the R-design.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts