SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a road trip to Birmingham for the weekend-from Ohio-just to pick up peaches (75 lbs) and Gulf shrimp (15 lbs) and visit family. Half way home we started getting hungry. We had this brilliant idea. Fresh shrimp, butter from a few rolls and rosemary sprigs(from a plant I brought back)

Anyone have any other travel cooking ideas?

·
Registered
954 Posts
lol, how long did it take to cook shrimp?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We did a test batch of two, in a little pecan pie tin, and had it on about an hour. The next batch, from Tennessee to Kentucky, also about an hour. Probably longer than it needed. I'll be going to Niagara next month so maybe I can come up with something for a three hour trip.

·
Registered
261 Posts
That’s awesome, I have a 1hr commute, does that mean I can throw a broiler chicken on my intake when I leave work and enjoy a delicious chicken dinner when I get home? Honey guess what, I'll cook dinner tonight!!!

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
My uncle would bake potatoes and corn out in the engine of his tractor when working in his fields. Also you can do crab and muscles like that. Just carry some butter, salt/pepper, and bay seasoning. You could have a feast!

·
Registered
710 Posts
This has to be the first time anyone has done this..

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
sounds like the next SS DIY mod will be an alteration to the charge air pipe that converts it into a rotisserie. Those members unlucky enough to be burning oil can take advantage and smoke some meat as well. BRILLIANT!!!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Brilliant!

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
This would make for a very interesting GTG theme. Put in a betting pool so upon arrival everyone votes for who prepares the best and most creative meal. I want to see someone cook prime rib!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.