SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any updates to this?

Hello I was looking around for brake kits for my S60 R Design 2014 and was wondering if their was any news here. Has anyone managed to fit R Calipers to a R Design S60 sedan?

Another question I am struggling to find is, are there any kits that allow the stock 18 inch wheels to work with them? 4 or 6 pistons brakes.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Anyone consider taking the polestar 6 pot calipers from a junked P* and try fitting those one. That should bolt up pretty easily. Grants its not a 4 pot "R" brembo caliper, but it from aesthetics stand point its just as impressive as the brembo caliper.

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M
1,776 Posts
Anyone consider taking the polestar 6 pot calipers from a junked P* and try fitting those one. That should bolt up pretty easily. Grants its not a 4 pot "R" brembo caliper, but it from aesthetics stand point its just as impressive as the brembo caliper.
And, technically, they still are Brembo calipers, look more impressive than the 4-pots, and definitely have better breaking performance. Win, win, win, except for potential price.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Has anyone made any progress on this?
There's a fellow member on here, EdVQ37, that I follow on Instagram (under the username venom.s60r) that posted up a set of Polestar 6-piston calipers he acquired a couple of months ago. I don't know if he's gotten them installed yet, but from everything I've seen it's a straight-forward bolt-on job (given adequate wheel size to clear them). From the photo, I'm assuming he acquired them second-hand.

Beyond that, I know Viva sells the conversion kit new, but it's an expensive proposition: Polestar S60/V60 Front Brake Conversion Kit

Reactions: Ipso and rdvs

·
Registered
584 Posts
There's a fellow member on here, EdVQ37, that I follow on Instagram (under the username venom.s60r) that posted up a set of Polestar 6-piston calipers he acquired a couple of months ago. I don't know if he's gotten them installed yet, but from everything I've seen it's a straight-forward bolt-on job (given adequate wheel size to clear them). From the photo, I'm assuming he acquired them second-hand.

Beyond that, I know Viva sells the conversion kit new, but it's an expensive proposition: Polestar S60/V60 Front Brake Conversion Kit
That‘s my understanding too. Should be a direct bolt to any P3, but aside from some 19s you’ve got to run 20s for clearanc.

Reactions: rdvs

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks a lot. I will look into it. A guy locally offered me a pair of fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a full set of the Brembo z17 6-pot calipers that I was going to put into my V70 P3 before it got wrecked.

Now i have a 2011 V60 T6, I am looking at getting the Brembos into this. I did buy a set of adapter mounting plates, so I will follow this thread and try to update my install progress too. I have plenty of room behind my 19" rims

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you are talking about the 336mm front brakes and vented rear rotors, then yes, you can bolt these on. There is a post somewhere listing the part numbers. I changed the 300mm front disc/solid rear discs with 336mm fronts and vented rears on my E-drive V60. You have to buy the calipers, brackets, pad and rotors from the previous S80 V8 for the front. I changed the front splash shield too, but some people do not do that. I put on EBC red pads too. It's a decent upgrade.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 T6 AWD Polestar
2 Posts
Apparently a Russian aftermarket manufacturer High Performance Brakes has kits for most Volvos and that includes S60 from 2010 onwards.

Price varies depending on the level of the system (ultimate or racing). Also there are extra costs if we want a floating rotor, anodised hat with custom colour and for electric parking brake (last is what we all have). You'll need to transfer the costs from Roubles into whatever currency you have in your country. Exchange rate at the moment is pretty good. 3500 US dollars for a full system that fits 18-inch wheels. Looks like pads and lines are included in the price. US$1650 for just the fronts.

That's what I've found.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo S60 T6 AWD Polestar
2 Posts
Here is their FB page

I HAVE NOT USED THEIR PRODUCTso please don't think that I'm endorsing them in any way. I found them and decided to share. No more than that.

·
Registered
2015 Volvo v60 t6 Rdesign
36 Posts
I have a full set of the Brembo z17 6-pot calipers that I was going to put into my V70 P3 before it got wrecked.

Now i have a 2011 V60 T6, I am looking at getting the Brembos into this. I did buy a set of adapter mounting plates, so I will follow this thread and try to update my install progress too. I have plenty of room behind my 19" rims
Where did you get your adapter plates?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts