SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

just quick question: is it possible and if yes is it a direct bolt on or custom brackets are needed?
I assume the calipers and the rotors are from the 04-07 S60/V70 R.

Forgot to specify C30 R-Design 2011 or newer.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link. It looks like Volvo decided not to use the S/V P2 hubs and that makes brakes swap complicated. It looks a little bit weird w/ front RS and OEM rears. I'll probably go 320mm and call it good. maybe add some paint.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is someone in R forum selling now a set with almost new winter tires for 1200. He posted last night.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I saw the U$1200 pegs. I got 3 recondition Pegs already on Ebay. Just have to get one more. These look great. Once I get the 4th wheel and then some new tires, I will put it all together. Also looking to add TPMS while I am at it.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was C30 coming w/ TPMS? If not what system are you looking to install?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/HUF-North-America-ID1000-IntelliDisplay/dp/B07HNV8XB7/ref=asc_df_B07HNV8XB7/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584345017951859&psc=1

This system will use in wheel sensors which I like vs the valve stem after market ones which I do not like.

I believe that the C30 uses TPMS but it is just a light without indicating which wheel and what the pressure nor temperature is. I read it will work with the VDO sensor (315MHz) which is my 2009 S60. I need to replace the sensors in this vehicle. This is when I looked for something other than valve stem sensor kits.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the link. Good find. I'm using a valve stem system on my other car and although it is Ok I would prefer one like this one.
For my Volvo I'm using an older hardwired system with in tire sensors but the sensors are no longer available and I have to get my Dremel out and do surgery on them to replace the batteries.

Do you know of a system that is hardwired and with in tire sensors? I need the socket in my R for phone/laptop charger.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The Huf unit which I plan to use will be hard wire and placed in the location where on the R the 4C buttons are. Since my 4C control button is in the button array below the climate control, I figure I will hard wire the Huf unit in this location.

I have looked off and on for like 2 years and not seen anything for a system that uses in wheel sensors until yesterday when I saw the Huf unit. It has both the power point power supply and can use a usb power supply. I will hard wire a usb line to run this. I like the fact that in the reviews on Amazon that VDO wheel sensor can be used and this was in the S60. My V50 did not come with any TPMS at all, 2007, nor did my 2005 V70 T5. Both will get this but I have not picked a location for the V50 as to where I am going to hard wire it in.

It sounds like with this system if you just have the TPMS light, that with the correct wheel sensor, it will still work with the oem light and you can get the tire pressure numbers and temps. Sounds like the Volvo VDO sensor will work with this setup.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I saved the amazon link for the next time I'm changing tires. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
This is the best time to change or add them. I am kind of looking forward to have TPMS on my pre TPMS vehicles. Glück with your C30 and the C30 hunt.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I had the Elevate set up on my V50. It came with the vehicle and I did not like them. Never had to do a P2 R Brembo rebuild in over 200k miles. The Wilwoods needed one of the calipers rebuilt because if was sticking. I did not like the fact that these had about 35k miles and needed a rebuild. I also do not like that I cannot get replacement pads easily and they are costly. The calipers are difficult to remove and replace on the P1 Volvos. With this being said, the Wilwoods are super light weight and will work with the standard P1 rotors. I assume that they will work with standard P1 17'' wheels. My wheels were after market.

I agree with Doru that this and other aftermarket setups are very costly but I guess this is what they cost. I am looking for something different. The other thing that helps with cost is that if you are going to have replace brakes, might as well upgrade.

My goal now is to use the rear calipers off the P2 R on the front of my P1. I am using the P2 R Pegasus wheels to get my brake set up to work for 17" wheels. dropped off the last wheel to get reconditioned today. should have it in about 2 weeks and I will try putting it all together soon, need to get some TPMS sensors and tires. Not as easy as a Focus RS set up but with P2 R brakes, it will be Volvo and easy to get brake parts. I will investigate doing a P2 R rear setup. I have some ideas but I have to do some measuring.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts