SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of you who would like to test high speed braking on a track, etc.,
Barrier Volvo has graciously invited the Seattle R bunch to its "Barrier Driving Experience." This event will be running on August 7th, 8th, and 9th. We have Glen Hansen at Barrier Bellevue to thank for this.

I will also email those R-Bunchers for whom I have an email address with full details. If you are interested and don't get my email by Saturday, July 8th, please email me and I'll email back full details.

Lead Foot 60

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Re: R-Bunch, Safety Driving Event (Lead Foot 60)

Is this the Barrier Track Days down at Pacific Raceways? They usually do this in August so I assume it is.

What is the cost?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: R-Bunch, Safety Driving Event (StaggRLee)

$295 for a driver, $150 for a co-driver, $50 for a guest. This includes a light breakfast in the morning and lunch in the afternoon.

Sounds interesting, doesn't it?

I am planning on going, probably Tuesday the 8th.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts

I'm up for taking a day for this. Let's try to get a group together on one of the days.

BTW you can get a full day of track time/training at the Proformance School driving a Lotus Elise down there but it costs $1075 for the day.

$475 driving your car.
$775 driving a school car.

http://www.proformanceracingschool.com/

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

This looks like a better deal, but we'll have to experience both to know for certain.

I like the idea of getting an R Group going; Tuesday works best for me due to conflicts on the other days.

How about you others?

·
Registered
52 Posts

Yep...count me in for this. I'm open in terms of which day. Monday may be easier (simplier to do a 3 day weekend work wise) but I'm flexible. Would be cool to have a good showing of Rs at one of the days if we can pull it together.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts

Here's the reply I got from ProFormance when I asked about lapping sessions and if the Barrier Event got you checked out for subsequent lapping events at Pacific Raceways.

Joe,
Nice to hear from you.
The curriculum for the Barrier Days is the same as the one day high performance driving clinic we offer at 475.00. Barrier adds some fun to the event by provided breakfast and lunch, doorprizes, and display cars. It is a very nicely done event that will qualify you for our lapping program.
You will have a road course orientation prior to lunch then spend the afternoon on the track with an instructor in the car with you using radio communicators, helmet etc. You will do 3 20-30 minute sessions in the afternoon. It's a lot to take in your first time on track,
Sincerely,
Donna

Don Kitch, Jr.
President, Chief Instructor
http://www.ProFormanceRaceSchool.com
253-630-5130 track office
425-271-7232 home fax
http://www.TeamSeattle.com
Racing for Children's at the Daytona 24
206-369-0461 mobile

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I am planning on Tuesday. Monday and Wednesday have conflicts.

Hope to see a good group or R's out there

This should be a great learning experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts