SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 S60 2.5T AWD, and I'm looking to upgrade my brakes to the R callipers and rotors. I currently have stock 17" wheels for my winters and will be getting a set of 18" wheels for the summer. Can anyone tell me if the wheels I have will fit over the brembos. I am willing to put spacers if need be,

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I have a 2007 S60 2.5T AWD, and I'm looking to upgrade my brakes to the R callipers and rotors. I currently have stock 17" wheels for my winters and will be getting a set of 18" wheels for the summer. Can anyone tell me if the wheels I have will fit over the brembos. I am willing to put spacers if need be
With the Brembos the offset is more the issue than the wheel size. I used to have the same rims you have there, the spokes curve in a little at the outer edges, so they would rub without spacers. In 17" OE wheels pegs are one of the few that fit.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Yep probably gonna need some spacers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great, I don't mind throwing some spacers on, I was more concerned about them fitting under the diameter of the wheel. I didn't want to purchase all the parts and then find out the hard way on a sunday afternoon that my wheels won't go on over the spiffy new calipers haha.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Jackson60, I ran into the same problem that you are wondering about when I upgraded my brakes. I had plenty of offset with my 10mm spacers, and thought that the 17" Bremmer Kraft BR09 wheels would fit with no problem, but to my surprise, the inner wheel diameter was not great enough to clear the front calipers. I wound up upgrading to a set of 18" Enkei Ammodo wheels. I can run these without spacers and have plenty of clearance.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Great, I don't mind throwing some spacers on, I was more concerned about them fitting under the diameter of the wheel. I didn't want to purchase all the parts and then find out the hard way on a sunday afternoon that my wheels won't go on over the spiffy new calipers haha.
Ask Frank up at Eurosport (north service road between 3rd and 4th line), he probably knows for sure off the top of his head. And he has an R wagon with those brakes on it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have a 2007 S60 2.5T AWD, and I'm looking to upgrade my brakes to the R callipers and rotors. I currently have stock 17" wheels for my winters and will be getting a set of 18" wheels for the summer. Can anyone tell me if the wheels I have will fit over the brembos. I am willing to put spacers if need be,
I have a '07 S60 2.5T AWD that I added the Brembos to. So, A. Minimum diameter is 17" wheels. B. As others have said, the design of the spokes and the backspacing will dictate if the 17"s will do it or not. That is true of the 18" wheels as well. Spacers should do the trick... but it's on a wheel by wheel basis.

Suggestion: when you do this, get good stainless steel braided brake lines. Make a big difference.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
I just did a check with my Triton wheels and I'd need 20mm spacers to clear the Brembos. They still touch the inside of the spoke face even with 15mm. They are really fat calipers.

·
Registered
853 Posts

Your car looks really nice with those wheel in the pic.Very nice looking indeed!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts