SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the size of the rotors on the 2006 S60R?<p>I am going to be getting new rotors and pads within the next 3,000 miles and wanted to get opinions on whether to stay with the stock rotors and pads for the R or to get aftermarket rotors and pads (ipd, evolve) or anything else suggested would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Re: R Brake Rotors & Pads (Legend_S60R)

Stock rotors with aftermarket pads works good and is within the same overall cost, give or take a few, of OEM all around.<p>If you want to go further, there are aftermarket slotted rotors and 2 piece rotors available at higher cost. If you want to go all out there are full brake packages available with 6-8 piston calipers, larger diameter cross drilled or slotted rotors and st/st brake lines. Big $$ though. Check ipd and viva.<p>No matter which rotors you decide to go with my vote on the pads is aftermarket. The OEM pads are just too noisy and dusty.<p>Do NOT get evolve.<p>Also, if your car is 3+ years old, do the e-brake shoes and springs. Don't think about it, don't debate it, just do it. Trust me. Parts are under $100, call BVV.<p>My recommendation for a ~low cost brake system improvement overhaul:<p>Stock rotors<br>Aftermarket pads: HPS, R4-S, DS2500 or similar.<br>Stainless Steel brake lines<br>Brake fluid flush<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by S60R1 at 1:41 PM 4-3-2009</i>

·
Registered
956 Posts
Re: R Brake Rotors & Pads (S60R1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>S60R1</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><br>No matter which rotors you decide to go with my vote on the pads is aftermarket. The OEM pads are just too noisy and dusty.<p><br>Also, if your car is 3+ years old, do the e-brake shoes and springs. Don't think about it, don't debate it, just do it. Trust me. Parts are under $100, call BVV.<p><i>Modified by S60R1 at 1:41 PM 4-3-2009</i></TD></TR></TABLE><p><br>My OEM replacement pads have not made a squeek since I put them in last fall. This was in conditions from +15c to -35c. No noise at all. Liberal use of the gold grease is the key. The dust on the other hand....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Re: R Brake Rotors & Pads (S60R1)

I like to get my parts from Pelican Parts (local wholesaler in California). They carry Textar and Mintex pads as well as the OEM ones. Does anyone have any experience with Textar and/or Mintex?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts