SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my R for about three weeks now, and love it!

However, the car continuously bottoms out, even when I drive very slowly, when entering entering and exiting garages. This has caused some paint damage to the front bumper.

Is this common among R's? Does anyone have recommendations for correcting it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: R Bottoms Out (LA-s60r)

Thank you - I've read much about the exhaust bracket on this site, and am concerned about it.

How do you recommend I handle this? The Volvo service center will likely not touch it. Should I take it to the SF indie Volvo service shop (Volvo Centrum)?

Also - what thread(s) should I review with the best information on the bracket removal process?

Thank you!

Mike

·
Registered
746 Posts
Re: R Bottoms Out (mikewelch7)

Don't know about which threads specifically, and the "search" function doesn't always work the way it should. Just keep checking back for someone to answer your q, or browse through the forum pg's, and you may find something somewhere that answers your q best.

I know "R" Kelly has taken his car on the Nurbrigring, and if the R is going to bottom out anywhere, that would be the place..

·
Registered
413 Posts

If you are talking about removing the bracket, it takes about 3 minutes to do yourself. I happen to have a pair of ramps and I jst backed the car up on them crawled partially underneath each side with a socket wrench and viola!

Also took the opportunity to apply the Takspeed cable!

Make sure you put the nuts back on because it holds up the heat shield as well.

-Ben

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts

Quote, originally posted by mikewelch7 »
How do you recommend I handle this? The Volvo service center will likely not touch it. Should I take it to the SF indie Volvo service shop (Volvo Centrum)?

Also - what thread(s) should I review with the best information on the bracket removal process?

Thank you!

Mike

As long as you can get under your car SAFELY, it's an easy do-it-yourself job. One thing I discovered is that when you replace the bolts to hold the heatshield in place, they will bottom out BEFORE completely securing the heatshield. So make sure you utlizie a few washers on each bolt to ensure that the heatshield is properly secured. No one likes a heatshield-vibrating Volvo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.