SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Instead of being one of the dozens and dozens of XC90 owners, I got a V90CC instead 😁

·
Registered
2019 XC90 T6 Polestar✦ Momentum (Advanced & Climate Pkg/HK Sound) - Bright Silver/Charcoal Leather
181 Posts
+1 for Brooklyn. Just rejoined the Volvo fam after 9.5 years with a Honda Pilot — just bought a 2020 XC90. Preceding that was a 2003 XC70 and before the XC70 was a 1992 240DL Wagon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
Brooklyn too, picking up a 2017 V60 R-Design tomorrow!

·
Registered
2019 XC90 T6 Polestar✦ Momentum (Advanced & Climate Pkg/HK Sound) - Bright Silver/Charcoal Leather
181 Posts
Hi guys,

Just wondering whether anyone would like to share their dealer recommendations for service in our area. As I mentioned before, I had just come back into the Volvo family and previously had done my servicing at Bay Ridge Volvo — who aren’t around anymore.

My XC90 was purchased at Volvo Queens but that experience was pretty lackluster to say the least (no effort to build new customer loyalty).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi guys,

Just wondering whether anyone would like to share their dealer recommendations for service in our area. As I mentioned before, I had just come back into the Volvo family and previously had done my servicing at Bay Ridge Volvo — who aren’t around anymore.

My XC90 was purchased at Volvo Queens but that experience was pretty lackluster to say the least (no effort to build new customer loyalty).

I just bought my Volvo at Queens too and it was a terrible experience for a number of reasons.

However, I couldn’t really go elsewhere because there aren’t a lot of Polestar Engineered models bouncing around.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Was this a recent purchase? Where do you go for servicing?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Was this a recent purchase? Where do you go for servicing?

Yes. Just got a V60 PE. They serviced it before I purchased it. Next service is in 12 months. I’ll likely go to White Plains Volvo because it’s about a mile from me and included for 3 more years.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ah OK. Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Took delivery of my CPO '17 V60 yesterday from White Plains. There were several issues that they didn't take care of before the delivery so they're going to send me a loaner car in two weeks and bring my car back in. The head manager there was really nice about it and admitted they dropped the ball as soon as I walked into the dealership yesterday. Maybe they've been super busy and forgot but the people there are great!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Took delivery of my CPO '17 V60 yesterday from White Plains. There were several issues that they didn't take care of before the delivery so they're going to send me a loaner car in two weeks and bring my car back in. The head manager there was really nice about it and admitted they dropped the ball as soon as I walked into the dealership yesterday. Maybe they've been super busy and forgot but the people there are great!
It’s great they were up front about dropping the ball and apologetic. Makes a big difference and sounds like they are sincere about wanting to make it right.

·
Registered
223 Posts
It’s great they were up front about dropping the ball and apologetic. Makes a big difference and sounds like they are sincere about wanting to make it right.

Yes definitely, I really appreciated it.

Apparently some of the people there came from now closed dealerships (Nyack and Mt. Kisco) because corporate consolidated them into a superstore.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Also to add, my dad used to get his S80 serviced at Volvo Hasbrouck Heights had great service there. Not sure if it's the same management but that's another recommendation I have.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys,

Have you gone to Volvo Manhattan?

·
Registered
181 Posts
No. Have not had to do any service yet. I do have an appointment at Volvo Queens mid-December for a Polestar Optimization, but their service Dept has some awful reviews on Google Maps. The worst I’ve seen amongst the area dealers. I’m going there because they have me the best price for the optimization — it’s a software download so am hoping it’s just an easy appointment.

What’s your experience? Where do you go?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts