SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
241 - 260 of 261 Posts

· Registered
2007 S40 2.4i / 2007 C70 T5
2,197 Posts
Volvo should have used 320mm on all T5's and D5's regardless of FWD or AWD. And leave the 300's for 2.4i's and similar power engines. Smaller brakes (278mm IIRC), should have been left for the 4 cylinder variants.

In the case of the C70, the extra weight they have is enough justification for the 320mm, regardless of the engine.

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
Got the calipers in from a forum member (thank again) and got them all cleaned up, and painted. I went with silver as I thought it would be the best match for the car.

Automotive tire Font Gas Tints and shades Automotive exterior

Wood World Wall Flooring Font

Reactions: Facusan

· Registered
2,197 Posts
What paint did you use?

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·

· Registered
2,197 Posts

It was super easy to use, however you only have about 4 hours of working time with it, so you have to get it all on in one go.
Thank you!, does it have a resistant finish? on mine I used VHT caliper spray paint, and it's somewhat "resistant", but it wasn't enough to resist scratches from the retaining spring when I installed it. It holds fine with a plastic brush though.....

· Registered
'05 V50 T5 M66, '04 XC70, '98 V70 AWD, various junk from other brands
1,498 Posts
Thank you!, does it have a resistant finish? on mine I used VHT caliper spray paint, and it's somewhat "resistant", but it wasn't enough to resist scratches from the retaining spring when I installed it. It holds fine with a plastic brush though.....
I had a similar experience with VHT. Did get a really nice color though - the R blue. Looks great even if they are only 300s LOL

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
So, after over a year of searching, I finally found the correct color spoiler for the car! Looking forward to installing it and finally completing the majority of the cosmetic upgrades I’ve done to the car.

Does anyone have any advice for doing so? I know there is an official document for install from Volvo but was looking for more tips and tricks? How difficult is the adhesive on the old small spoiler? And can I just use 3M window weld as the adhesive For the new one?

Reactions: V50_M66

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
Got another goodie in for the C30, this will really match the aluminum trim I got last year very well. Have to wait for the blanking plate for the nav buttons to come from Oak Park...

Land vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Steering part

· Registered
2,197 Posts
Got another goodie in for the C30, this will really match the aluminum trim I got last year very well. Have to wait for the blanking plate for the nav buttons to come from Oak Park...

View attachment 175270
Mine also has the sport steering wheel. And the aluminum accent, and I love it.

If you like the aluminum accents, I suggest you to pick up a set of aluminum pedals as well to complete the look.

I bought a set from aliexpress a few years ago for ~$36. And IMHO, they really compliment the rest of the trim:

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
Installed the spoiler last night. There are not any good write-ups of this online, so I’ll detail my process.

First step is to stick a trim removal tool in the middle of the spoiler, between the bottom black part and the top painted or black cover. Remove that, and the two T25 torx, and the three push pin trim clips.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Pull down the inner roof hatch trim, where the rear interior dome lamp is, then loosen the passenger side rear trim. You’ll see the connectors for the washer fluid and third brake lamp, disconnect those.

Hood Car Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Bicycle Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Afterwards, you’ll need a razor blade to remove the leftover adhesive from the old spoiler. I used a heat gun to help with removal of it.

Looks more like a V50 without any spoiler!

Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

Afterwards, proceed in reverse, and do not overtighten the T25’s used to bolt the spoiler to the glass. They will shear off easily…

End results:

Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive lighting Hood

Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Steering wheel is next up for install, but the blanking plate is stuck at the distribution center over the weekend.

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #251 ·
Navigation blanking plate showed up, got the wheel installed. I used this person's video on YouTube, highly recommend his other content as well:

Automotive tire Font Auto part Electric blue Tints and shades

Really straight forward process, but tip I have is to MAKE SURE YOU COUNTERHOLD THE WHEEL WHEN UNFASTENING THE 15MM STEERING SHAFT BOLT. I almost ruined the hold slot in the clockspring...

Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle

As you can see I'm also fixing the cracked plastic on my shift boot inlay... loctite professional liquid superglue is your friend :).

With that, the car is really starting to come together visually. The sport wheel also feels MUCH better when driving, and its easier for me (6'3") to get in and out.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
Re-lubed the clutch return spring as well, unfortunately that did not solve the intermittent squeak I get. I assume it would be best to replace the spring soon anyways...

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

· Registered
2013 c30 t5 R design
19 Posts
Re-lubed the clutch return spring as well, unfortunately that did not solve the intermittent squeak I get. I assume it would be best to replace the spring soon anyways...
it might not be the case for you, but i've found that i get an annoying squeak sometimes as well....figured out that it was the rubber soles of my shoes against the rubber ribs of the pedals 😂

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
Who doesn’t love snow! Thinking about removing the roof rack as my fuel mileage has definitely taken a dip.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Snow

· Registered
3,174 Posts

· Registered
3,174 Posts

· Registered
2,197 Posts

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #258 ·
Did some maintenance today, changed back to Liqui-Moly 0W-40 thanks to FCP's warranty. Also changed the transmission fluid to RedLine MTF, it is butter smooth, I'd definitely recommend it.

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive side marker light

Performed the 320mm big brake kit upgrade for the fronts as well, using Zimmerman rotors and Akebono ceramic pads. Replaced the hoses with stainless steel variants, too. Very happy with the results, well worth it and even at stock power levels it makes a hell of a difference.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Vehicle brake Alloy wheel

Stock pads were getting low and had a squeak while turning, so glad to get the whole system renewed. Finally have enough braking force to match the Michelin PS AS/4s.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Locking hubs

Reactions: Facusan and V50_M66

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #259 ·
Addendum to the last post, if you are doing this modification and do not intend to replace your dust shields, you will need to modify the old dust shield by removing the curved "ears" and the two extrusions at the top and bottom of the shield so that they don't contact the rotor and caliper.

· Registered
3,174 Posts
Addendum to the last post, if you are doing this modification and do not intend to replace your dust shields, you will need to modify the old dust shield by removing the curved "ears" and the two extrusions at the top and bottom of the shield so that they don't contact the rotor and caliper.
Lookin' good

241 - 260 of 261 Posts