SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

I am getting ready to change the timing belt in my car and I had a quick question about the timing. I am planning on getting a cam locking tool or finding a way to hold them in their correct positions.

If during the process I notice that one of the cams has moved and went out of time, can I move it independently so that it is back in time with the rest or is there a special way to do this?

I am planning on them not moving, so this is a "just in case" question.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
If you follow the directions you should have no problem with them moving. Really no need for a locking tool or such. The problems usually come into play when you let the job sit for days or push it outside/inside, etc. But, IF it does creep a tooth or so for whatever reason just move it back, no worries. Belt off, belt on Danialson.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hahaha thanks, so just to make sure if a single cam creeps a tooth i can move that single cam back into place?

·
Registered
484 Posts
you can move them no problem, all you do is just rotate them back. You may not be right on cam markings the first time you put the belt back in place so you might have to do it few times until all markings line up... There is sticky on how to replace it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts