SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering to you guys who have put springs on your cars, do you guys like H&R or Eibachs best for the R and with our very expensive shocks and struts, do they wear down way faster or since they are high performance just accept the springs??

Another question, is it harder to install the springs than say my 2010 Mazda 3???

And one more, any problems rubbing the hell out of the fenders?? My Mazda would rub if i had anyone more than 150lbs in the car lol

thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Eibach, TME, or Elevate will not cause rubbing with stock wheels & < 20 mm spacers

not sure about H&R,

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I'm in love with my TME springs, just finished putting them on last weekend... They're not too difficult, but having a pass-thru socket set is an absolute must for the rear springs and a spring compressor is also necessary.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sorry to thread jack.... but is there a lowering kit that only drops the rear about 1"- 1.5"? My caR has stock suspension. The front looks good, but the rear end is too high up. It could use a bit of a drop.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Sorry to thread jack.... but is there a lowering kit that only drops the rear about 1"- 1.5"? My caR has stock suspension. The front looks good, but the rear end is too high up. It could use a bit of a drop.
TME.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So lowering it isnt going to destroy the stock shocks and struts? thanks for the replys im going to get them!!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
They may reduce the life span, but destroy? no...

The only other potential downside is that you'll increase your negative rear camber which will wear out the inside of your rear tires faster

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Ipd has rear camber bushings but they're $190 for the pair, plus I think they're a PITA to install. Negative camber is good for Corning but bad for tire wear. I just plan to rotate the tires more frequently.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts