SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Quick question about dropping the car off at OSD

For those that returned the car to the OSD center in Gothenburg for shipping home. How long does the paperwork take if any? Need to plan that morning for flight back and since im driving from Germany I will need to be there on time to leave the car fetch a ride to the airport and catch flight at 2PM.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just completed drop off at FDC the week before last. The whole process took only about 20min. After checking in at the counter and giving my odometer reading, the home shipment coordinator had me sign two documents, turn in one key and we were done. Volvo arranged for a pre-paid taxi to take me to Landvetter airport. While waiting for the taxi, had one last chance to enjoy Fika and an espresso from the FDC lounge area. I had a 1:00 scheduled drop off time and my wife and I were the only customers there. Do allow some extra time to make it through Gothenburg. We encountered some heavy traffic for an early Monday afternoon.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just the info I was looking for. Great thanks a bunch.

I just completed drop off at FDC the week before last. The whole process took only about 20min. After checking in at the counter and giving my odometer reading, the home shipment coordinator had me sign two documents, turn in one key and we were done. Volvo arranged for a pre-paid taxi to take me to Landvetter airport. While waiting for the taxi, had one last chance to enjoy Fika and an espresso from the FDC lounge area. I had a 1:00 scheduled drop off time and my wife and I were the only customers there. Do allow some extra time to make it through Gothenburg. We encountered some heavy traffic for an early Monday afternoon.

·
Registered
56 Posts
We dropped off our car at 8:00 a.m. when they opened the doors. The FDC knew about our flight (we had to be at the airport by 11:00 a.m.) so they had a Volvo driver take us to the airport. The paperwork was really quick-about 15 minutes. Make sure you take pics of your car inside and out. If you didn't arranged transport to the airport when you picked the car up then you should do it asap so the people at the FDC can make arrangements for you ahead of time. They are great!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thnx all for taking the time and replying to the post. I’m sure it will help others as well when the time comes for their osd travels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts