SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble getting the timing belt fastened properly, does anyone have a picture of a timing belt diagram?

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My friend just contacted me and told me he figured it out, he's gonna tell me what it was tomorrow!

Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
While on the subject of timing belts...

Do you all usually change the water pump and cam seals when you do the T-belt? My Volvo dealer says they only do them if needed.
Thanks
Stan

·
Registered
41 Posts
I went ahead a changed my water pump due to the fact that it was only an extra 100 or so. It is a pain to get in and out though so you'll have to decide if its worth it depending on its condition. I have a ton of pics on my job here I just started school though so I havn't had time to form it into a post

edit to fix link

·
Registered
41 Posts
Although I'll warn you not to use the harmonic balancer puller that I used it was not the correct tool and it ended up pulling the crank pulley off slightly and I had to hit it back with a dead blow.

·
Registered
484 Posts
This thread. I suppose it would be nice to merge this with the sticky.
That would be great since there is lots of info added, together with blackS40 thread

Also, Dont attempt changing cam seals, its extremely hard for DIY guys. I did mine and i had to order special tools and it was still very tricky job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts