SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K! I just replaced the ABS unit! laugh

Now I wonder how long I need to drive around before all goes back to normal. Behavior is at its worst the first minute I turned the key...

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Literally all you need to do is drive the car up to the speed limit. The lights should turn off in 1/16th of a mile once you exceed something like 12mph. If you're going 30 and the lights haven't turned off, something else is wrong.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Did you make sure the connections are locked thoroughly and you did a proper connection?
The connector needs to really be snaped in.....

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE! On the second try, and REALLY pressing it in as JRL said (I am of the opinion ti was not connected when i first took off, I even tightened the bolts.. got it on the 2nd try,) - :

1. The ABS lights are off and have stayed off.
2. No more speedo dropout.
3. No more lines across the odometer.
4. No more flashing transmission arrow.

However, I still have P0722, P1633, an Evap leak code, and the guy said there may be a plugged CAT code. So the Check Engine light remains on.

Thinking of that VIDA DICE code clearer, to see what comes back and what stays!

And by the way, is $160 for two pads installed good or bad?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Do a search on those codes on this site and you should find plenty of info on the causes and cures. You can borrow an OBDII scanner from your local O'Reilly's to read and clear codes.

Amend your signature with the year and model Volvo, we won't remember from thread to thread what you have.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
However, I still have P0722, P1633, an Evap leak code, and the guy said there may be a plugged CAT code.

PO 772 OR 722? THOSE ARE TRANSMISSION CODES. 722 IS A SPEED/OUTPUT SENSOR CODE,
772..... FORGETABOUTIT!
:eek:

http://www.check-engine-light.com/trouble-codes

Thinking of that VIDA DICE code clearer, to see what comes back and what stays!

DON'T UNTIL FIXED

And by the way, is $160 for two pads installed good or bad?

AVERAGE
You're welcome BTW. Also, a simple code reader will clear codes on this car. You don't need a VIDA DICE

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're welcome BTW. Also, a simple code reader will clear codes on this car. You don't need a VIDA DICE

JRL, I may not have expressly mentioned, but I -do- appreciate all of the help and input with this car. The trans arrow has stopped flashing, as well as the ABS unit is in properly. I am seeking a unit that can clear out those codes, and turn the Check Engine light off. if codes come back, I will then look at that part. I wonder what "speed sensor" it means.. people have suggested that it is the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) and that this, as well, is easily replaced.. I am interested in how.

I DO want to buy a scanner that can do this, even if it isn't VIDA DICE (and I do not even know what that means, or its relevance.)

Trying to do as much as I can myself here, since the shop I take it to was of the opinion that the ABS module could have been reprogrammed...

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Your vss code is leftover from the old module. Clear it, don't think about throwing parts at it.

Just get yourself a code reader like JRL suggested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts