SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this forum gets more traffic and more people have gauges in this section, I am wondering, is the size/diameter of a gauge housing the same for all gauges? Say, for 52mm gauges, would the diameter/size of the actual gauge housing be the same for different brands?

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Re: Quick question about gauges... (bpray9223)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>bpray9223</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Since this forum gets more traffic and more people have gauges in this section, I am wondering, is the size/diameter of a gauge housing the same for all gauges? Say, for 52mm gauges, would the diameter/size of the actual gauge housing be the same for different brands?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Gauges generally come in either 52mm or 60 mm sizes, you just need to make sure you get the correct size gauge pod & gauge

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Re: Quick question about gauges... (jstro)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>jstro</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Gauges generally come in either 52mm or 60 mm sizes, you just need to make sure you get the correct size gauge pod & gauge</TD></TR></TABLE><p>This.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Quick question about gauges... (kmagnuss)

Yes I understand, but what im asking is, are the gauge housings(not the trim ring) all the same sizes between different companies? And, is the 52 or 60mm a measurement of the trim ring on the face of the gauge, or is that the size of the housing?<br>

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Re: Quick question about gauges... (bpray9223)

It's the same. It's the part that actually goes into the pod, the "beefy" part in the back of the gauge. So there aren't different measurement styles.

·
Registered
334 Posts
not all gauges are EXACTLY the same though. My sunpro fits very nice into my cubby pod but my autometer is tight

1 - 7 of 7 Posts