SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, car sat for a week and I went to drive it today and 20 minutes into the drive I lost all power.

I was driving on the interstate at 67, got off a ramp to merge onto another interstate and when I went to accelerate, nothing. Car didn't stutter or stall out, it just won't accelerate without having to downshift like crazy!

No codes, I drove the car 60 miles back home with the same issues but no lights.

The car has 88K and I'm thinking the TCV might be shot. I can hear the turbo spooling at times, but the car drives as if the turbo isn't kicking in.

So, I want to order this up tonight but I don't know if I should go OEM ($55 on tasca) or IPD ($90) though I see that IPD no longer lists fitment for our cars...

Thoughts? Thanks as always!

·
Registered
78 Posts
does it go back to normal after you restart it?
A while back my car had an issue where a valve in the turbo was sticking and producing too much boost when you stepped on it a little. After that the turbo wouldn't kick in at all until you restarted the car. No lights or messages would come on, but when i took it to my shop the guy said there was a code for too much boost. I forget exactly what valve it was, but the repair was about $400

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, got one from the dealer that I'll pick up today. Quick question - can I simply use some small band clamps to replace the old spring type? Can I reuse the old ones?

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Holy $#!+ - two hours of fumbling later, I got the TCV in. Talk about ZERO working room! I couldn't get the charge tube sleeve off at the upper end nearest the turbo, so I had to work around the rubber sleeve. My best friend in this job was a heat gun - I heated each of the tubes to make them more pliable and they pulled off much easier. Without the heat, I'm not sure I would have gotten the tubes off.

Test driving/doing learn procedure in a bit.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Yeah, the TVC access is a pain... I've never was able to install my IPD perfectly...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts