SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's been a while since I've posted but I needed help on this. Lately when I make a right turn or even on startup there's a loud grinding noise from the passenger side. Upon inspection I found that the boot looks torn and is leaking. Now I looked for the part online and found some 50-75 bucks. The parts not the problem but the work is. I'm wondering is this some I can trust a rinky dink mom and pop place to service cause I'm not paying corleys here to do it for 890$ parts and labor.

It's looks Ike The passenger axle conects from the wheel and about a foot of shaft until it reaches the engine. Is this gonna be a hard Job?

Worst case scenario is I let my boy Jim ( Volvo master mechanic) at it when he's available.

·
Super Moderator
2,989 Posts
So it's been a while since I've posted but I needed help on this. Lately when I make a right turn or even on startup there's a loud grinding noise from the passenger side. Upon inspection I found that the boot looks torn and is leaking. Now I looked for the part online and found some 50-75 bucks. The parts not the problem but the work is. I'm wondering is this some I can trust a rinky dink mom and pop place to service cause I'm not paying corleys here to do it for 890$ parts and labor.

It's looks Ike The passenger axle conects from the wheel and about a foot of shaft until it reaches the engine. Is this gonna be a hard Job?

Worst case scenario is I let my boy Jim ( Volvo master mechanic) at it when he's available.
Is it the inner or outer CV boot? The part that is tricky is installing the boot without the pin bearings falling out on the inner one.
I don't think it's difficult.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Lately when I make a right turn or even on startup there's a loud grinding noise from the passenger side. Upon inspection I found that the boot looks torn and is leaking.
Grinding or more of a clicking? Either way it sounds like you are beyond just replacing the boot. It's new CV time. Since it's already shot just get the parts & have Jim do it when he's available. It's extremely rare for one to totally break & strand you. It's actually not too bad of a job. Wouldn't take your son very long to do it.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok Jim and cv it is I'm sure hell tell me the same ish. After that just the timing belt and hopefully this sucker makes it to 150k!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts