SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to have the front and rear struts replaced in the next few weeks (I probably should have replaced last year) and would like a quick check to see if there's anything big missing from my shopping list. I don't plan on lowering it, so won't be buying springs.

Front Strut mounts & Spring seats
Rear spring seats
Bump stops
Front LCAs
Ball joints (Lemforder?)
Front end links
Tie rod ends?

Here's to hoping that FCP Euro has a labor day sale since I need some other stuff too. For the struts I looked at Autodoc and carondo based on one of the recent posts. I went with Autodoc because Carondo won't have any more front struts for 2-3 weeks and I didn't want to place 2 orders or risk them not even getting the fronts. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I use lemforder ball joints always. Why replace bump stops or rear spring seats? Unless they're visually trashed then I would replace but my originals look perfect after 125k I doubt they can be that bad although I don't know how many miles you have.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car has 205k miles. Hadn't thought about the wheel bearings at all, but no noise or play in them.
And can I tell y'all how much I'm looking forward to driving it after the work is done? It's making me giddy! My wallet, not so much though...

Thanks folks.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Front strut bearing plates. Mine lasted about 80k miles, better off doing them every time you replace the struts- mine got noisy about 20k after I did the struts, same labor to do the plates as the whole strut job. Make sure you buy the Volvo branded spring seats for the front- none of the other brands lasts as long.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Check your sway bar bushings after the end links are disconnected. The bushings are bonded to the bar and make a LOT of noise when they get debonded and loose.

·
Registered
75 Posts
What kind of noise?
Pretty good rattle/clunk over any kind of small quick bump. Mine was debonded on the passenger side and the noise was obvious shaking the bar once both end links were disconnected. You need to disconnect both so the bar is under no load and shake the ends of the bar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts