SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have this problem? I am on my fourth or fifth service to get it fixed since last fall when I bought it new. The Queue Assist normally slows the car down to a stop as as the traffics slows down to a stop. Most of the time it does this normally but at times, when the car is almost at a stop but still moving, the parking brake comes on, the cars stops abruptly. In the dash, the alert "Cruise Control Unavailable" show in the display. Thereafter the cruise will not engage. After I shut off the car and restart it, the cruise again works.

I am considering with I should pursue buy back or replacement with the lemon law, but I really like the car when it works.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No.

I use Queue Assist all of the time. The only "problems" I've had with it are when it looses the vehicle I'm following and stops working in a tight corner and when it picks up a parked vehicle on the side of a narrow road and comes to a stop.

I've never been stopped long enough for it to engage the parking brakes.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Do you have this problem? I am on my fourth or fifth service to get it fixed since last fall when I bought it new. The Queue Assist normally slows the car down to a stop as as the traffics slows down to a stop. Most of the time it does this normally but at times, when the car is almost at a stop but still moving, the parking brake comes on, the cars stops abruptly. In the dash, the alert "Cruise Control Unavailable" show in the display. Thereafter the cruise will not engage. After I shut off the car and restart it, the cruise again works.

I am considering with I should pursue buy back or replacement with the lemon law, but I really like the car when it works.
I've used the feature in rush hour traffic and I haven't had any issues. I usually use it when the traffic is pretty heavy. My only issue, is the the spacing between me and the car in front, I have it on the lowest setting and people think I'm being a jerk by not riding the bumper of the car in front of me. I think we've all been conditioned to think being on someone's bumper is normal.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
We've gotten conditioned to that behavior but it is totally unsafe (as I'm sure you already understand).

I hate it when I'm moving with the flow of traffic but maintaining a safe following distance and *everyone* seems to want to get inbetween me and the car in front.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts