SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I have an 04 S60R but this question is general enough that I think it belongs here. I just installed a 2-DIN headunit with the only 2-DIN radio surround kit that I could find for 01-04 S60s. It is rubberized, which isn't a problem by itself but the color doesn't match the rest of the black plastic in the car. So, I'm looking for info on putting the 05+ style radio and heater controls in my car. There are more available dash kits for the 2DIN stereos and I would like to do a full console swap to get all that shiny aluminum in my car anyway. My search attempts failed me, so here are my questions:

1. Will the 05+ heater controls play nice in my 04?
2. Will the 05+ kit even fit in my dash correctly? I noticed that the unit has a brace behind it whereas the 04 style has the heater controls separate.
3. Is there a paint code that I could use to match my radio surround to the rest of my trim?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Unfortunately it's no to 1 and 2 as far as I know. I think the CAN bus speed and physical mounting changed between 04 and 05.

For 3 there has to be a matching paint somewhere. Although, IPD has the one you need in stock: http://www.ipdusa.com/products/10476/121857-double-din-radio-trim-panel-s60-v70-xc70-2004

Search for Volvo 8684591 if you want to try and find it cheaper.

You shouldn't have any trouble selling the one you already bought.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow do I feel silly. I could get the right part from IPD? Well, I'll just do that. I'll happily go without the 05+ style dash if the color matches. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
You're welcome, and let us know if something is glitched and it's not the right part after all for some weird reason. But it should be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts