SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I did the Snabb fresh air pipe today and in looking at it I used the tip to remove the top engine support which was a great tip!
My question is are these supposed to be loose and able to move around by hand (push front to back and rock on the end mounts at the strut towers? As well as move around at the motor support mount.
I had noticed this while inspecting / going over the car, but after looking at the mounts when removed it almost looks like it is planned to move around. bolts all tighten up firmly but the bar moves around. I am assuming that it is also to be a strut brace? Car now has about 88K miles.

I did not drive it after installing the Snabb Kit, it does look to be a good improvement over the stock plastic item, started nice sounded good, I have it in the garage getting ready to put the IPD 25mm F & R sway bars on it in the next day or three after work.

I am thinking that if the brace bolted up tight it would aid the handling as a Strut Brace does.

Thank You for your feedback

Best Regars

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Supposed to be "loose" to limit engine vibrations coming to chassis.

Upper engine mount is sort of loose out of the box, but it certainly develops more play over time and miles.

·
Registered
17,312 Posts
It’s supposed to be loose. There’s poly inserts for all the mounts if you want to tighten things up. I’d recommend from experience a set of poly bushings for the end mounts of that bar and use a p80 style round solid rubber large upper engine mount.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You I will look into that, Did drive it today (slight delay in doing the Sway Bars) The Snabb Fresh air pipe is very nice, engine seems less constricted and freer revving.

Thank You!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts