SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am a new xc90 owner and have been reading the manual and I have couple of questions about a symbol on the instrument panel and a button on the center console. I am attaching couple of pictures to try to convey my questions. Please excuse my ignorance if these are trivial questions.
1) The symbol (perpendicular, almost ellipses within a square) between the temperature display and time display at the top center of the instrument panel - I have gone through the user manual but cannot seem to find what it indicates.

2) The slot like button to the left of the glove compartment open button - not sure what it is for/what it does and I cannot find anything on the manual about that either, can anyone please elaborate on this.

Thanks for your answers and time.

·
Registered
70 Posts
1. Its just an icon to let you know that Sensus is working and all systems are good. It means nothing.
2. That's one of the temperature sensors in the car for your climate.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Is this a picture you found online (as opposed to personally took from your car)? It doesn't resemble the final nav screen in the center console in my production car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is a picture I found online, I was in a hurry so posted the pictures that are already there online.
Is this a picture you found online (as opposed to personally took from your car)? It doesn't resemble the final nav screen in the center console in my production car.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Not to mention the 980 range with half a tank of fuel?
Let's see, at 9.9L/100km that means the remaining fuel is about 9.9*980/100 ~ 97 liters or about 25.6 gallons.
The fuel indicator shows about 5/8 full so this super tank holds about 29 gallons (~111 liters).

That would be a nice upgrade! ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Let's see, at 9.9L/100km that means the remaining fuel is about 9.9*980/100 ~ 97 liters or about 25.6 gallons.
The fuel indicator shows about 5/8 full so this super tank holds about 29 gallons (~111 liters).

That would be a nice upgrade! ;)
You didn't hear about this change for 2018? *joking*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
>1) The symbol (perpendicular, almost ellipses within a square) between the temperature display and time display at the top center of the instrument panel

I, too, wondered about that. It's a very odd symbol. My take is similar to Zainag's... it's where all the notifications pop up if your key is missing or left in the car or whatever, so I just assumed it's indicating the key is in the right place for the car to start etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts