SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just moved my family here for a new job from Michigan. We rented out our home there and are in an apartment in Annandale, and I work in Ft. Washington just over the Wilson Bridge. I've got a few questions regarding vehicles around here.

1) Car washes! I'm used to a plethora of quarter car washes, and I've only been able to find one so far- it's about 15 minutes from our apartment, in Fairfax, and it's a 2-bay at a Citgo station- it cost me $10 today to wash and vacuum my wife's S40. Are there any other options, or does everyone who lives in apartments around here either a) not wash their cars or b) pay pretty high prices for full serve washes? I may have to just end up taking my car to work on the weekends to wash and vacuum it.

2) Inspections. I'm coming from a state where anything goes and there are no inspections. Our S40 is bone stock with no issues and no CEL's, so I'm not expecting any problems with it. My V70 2.5T is slightly modified though. Will any of the following give me issues with VA inspection?

-I need to replace the rear tires because of the camber wear that was there when I bought the set- that will be done no matter what before the inspection.
-I had a MagnaFlow catalytic welded in to my OBX downpipe just before we moved, but I do have a full 3" turbo-back exhaust.
-Car has a 16T that tends to throw an overboost code when given heavy throttle. Will my car pass if I clear the code out?
-I have a catch can installed in line with the PCV system. It's a clean installation and looks OEM to the untrained eye. Should I expect any issues?
-Otherwise it's in good running shape with a fresh PCV system, vacuum lines and spark plugs.
-LED running lights are installed in the fog light position- I pulled power from the DRL's, so they are on at all times with ignition- but they don't put out a beam, position lights only.
-Car has 5000K HID's. Will shops pass them, or should I just put stock bulbs back in and be done with it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hey there, just an FYI, I always swap out HIDs and put stock bulbs before I go for inspection. If there car did not come with it OEM or there are not in a projector housing then they may fail you for inspection.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Reinspections are only $1, but its just a pain to go back and forth.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Nope, just passed emmisions here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts