SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buys adapters that change the bolt pattern from 5x108 to 5x114 to increase the wheel possibilities. <p>1) The adapters are 1.25" thick. Does that change my offset to -10?<p>2) How important is it that the spacers be hubcentric? Anyone have real life experience getting away from hubcentric?<p>3) Is there much out there in wheels with a 5x4.5 with a -10 offset?<p>Gary

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Re: Questions about wheel adapters (yellow95)

I'm confused. How does an adaptor move the holes in the wheel further apart (doesn't the 108/114 number refer to the diameter of a circle drawn through the centers of the holes)?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

<B>Don't do this</B>

·
Registered
43 Posts

no. your offset needs are increased. <p>offset is the distance from the center of the rim to the hub face. most fwd cars have the face of the hub farther to the outside of the car than the centerline of the rim. this is called positive offset. so, in order to have the rim in the same spot, with the same hypothetical wheel, you need an additional 1.25'' of offset on the wheel if you used your spacers. depending on your car, this might make it impossible, I think that the S60 needs offsets in the +50 range. adding an addition 30mm would make your needed offset ~80...and not many wheels are made like that. <p>good luck though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts