SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I begin driving my new XC60 after waiting for more than 7 weeks from OSD. :D

I notice that when the driving speed is right over 40mph, there is an audible signal (like do-do-do) but there is no vehicle message from console.

I have "Driver Alert System" equipped in my XC60. I suspect that the audible signal is coming from "Driver Alert Control" (DAC). And the audible signal is to tell me that the DAC is being enabled.

Can someone tell me whether my suspicion is correct or not?

If I change lane without a turn signal, I hear the same audible signal again but I think it is because of the "Lane Departure Warning" (LDW) instead.

Thanks all. ;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Congrats on your OSD XC60. I have an OSD V70 with the tech package. I don't think the alert tone you're experiencing is from Driver alert, I believe drivers alert is going to pop up an alarm tone and a coffee cup symbol in the main display urging you to take a break. I think you're getting the lane departure warning, and you may try going into the menu and adjusting it's sensitivity.
Jeff

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. :)

If I remember correctly, the audible signal is heard every time the car speed is right after 40mph. And I was not changing lane or drifted from the lane I was driving. I will observe later today when I return home...

Oh. The sensitivity of LDW can be adjusted?! Let me check this out later too..

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, based on my observation, I think the audible signal is come from the LDW. If I turn off the LDW, I no longer hear the signal anymore.

I don't think it comes from DAC because if it is caused by DAC, the "coffee cup" symbol would be shown in the main display.
Usually when I heard the audible signal, I didn't see the "coffee cup" symbol popped up in the main display.

Can anyone confirm my observation please?

Is there anyway to decrease the sensitivity of LDW?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have never had the alert you mention except from the LDW system. I was concerned at first that the LDW wasn't working. When on a winding back country road I take every week I noticed I got no warning when cutting the curves. I then realized that the LDW didn't activate until I was over 40 mph. I have noticed that the LDW gives false alarms sometimes when I pass a freeway exit. It only happens once in a while. So my guess is that the alert you are hearing is the LDW and that you are either too close to the line or are getting a false alarm.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

Yes, LDW is not enabled, i.e. in standby mode, before 40mph per the manual. In fact, you can also see the message from the trip computer display "Lane Depart
Warn Standby <40 mph". The first few times I noticed the audible signal when the car was driven right after passing 40mph. So I thought that it might be telling me that the feature was enabled at 40mph? I observed it yesterday and there was no audible signal when It was over 40mph. So my suspicion was incorrect. I think that the few times I heard the signal probably due to either false alarm or getting too close to the lane marker.. ;P

I am trying to adjust myself to the audible signal. I don't want to turn it off because it is supposed a safety feature. ;P

Thanks again.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The signal you are hearing is LDW, it sometimes gives you false warnings but I think system works pretty well. It does not signal when activatinge, only when active and crossing a line. As said before, you can see in the DIM (Driver Information Module) when active if you select it with the "scroll wheel".

DAC only pops up in the DIM when when it's time for a break.

/Martin

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks MartinS. I think I observe the same behavior for both features. So I am clear what they are now. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts