SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1993 850 GLT, there are a few points that I knew about upon purchase and was compensated with lowering of asking price. I figure if I throw them all out, there's bound to be someone that can answer them:<p>1 - Mechanic reccommended A/C evap. replacement, but I want to know other options, like recharging...any info helpful<br>2 - Driver's Seat has a burst seam in the leather, any idea how much $$?<br>3 - Driver's Seat warmer dosen't work, pass seat does (I checked fuses). Any ideas?<br>4 - Driver's Seat power seatback (the second button that adjust only the seat back) the motor can be heard running, but no movement.<p>Any body experience similar? Any info helpful, cuz I love my Volvo! Thanks...Matt in MA

·
Registered
56 Posts
Re: Questions about a 93 850 GLT (93850 in MA)

On the seat heaters the wires under the seat become disconnected check the red and white wire to see if their still connected. How bad is the burst seam in the seat? If its not to bad a upholestry shop could sew it back up, would be alot cheaper than a new seat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Questions about a 93 850 GLT (doublej95)

Oh, ok, I'll check the wires....The seam isn't bad and the foam padding is still intact, I called an Auto Upholstery place and they quoted $150 because they'd have to take out the seat and sew it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts