SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brakes have been sticking and was able to get to the slider pins. I noticed that the pins are exposed. There is a gap/opening in the caliper right where the pins bolt up to the caliper(near where the threading is) Is this normal?? I swear there has to be a rubber boot there and there isn't on mine.

·
Registered
617 Posts
My brakes have been sticking and was able to get to the slider pins. I noticed that the pins are exposed. There is a gap/opening in the caliper right where the pins bolt up to the caliper(near where the threading is) Is this normal?? I swear there has to be a rubber boot there and there isn't on mine.
How bad were yours sticking? Symptom?

My ‘13 has an intermittent vibration at highway speed only under throttle, wheel shakes left to right when it does. Acts just like my S70 did when the LF caliper was dragging, but assumed a ‘13 with 75k shouldn’t have a caliper issue already. Yours being newer makes me wonder if mine does, though?

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How bad were yours sticking? Symptom?

My ‘13 has an intermittent vibration at highway speed only under throttle, wheel shakes left to right when it does. Acts just like my S70 did when the LF caliper was dragging, but assumed a ‘13 with 75k shouldn’t have a caliper issue already. Yours being newer makes me wonder if mine does, though?

Thanks,

Joe
I am not really sure what's going on with my front brakes at the moment. I am sending my new stoptech rotors back on warranty.. they are probably warped. I am getting shake when braking. There is a tad bit of shake when cruising at 55

1 - 6 of 6 Posts