SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My name is Travis and I am new to the forums. I just bought my wife an 08 s40 2.4i. I love the car but I am ready to start modifying. I will be purchasing a set of black Exel E-22 18" wheels and have been thinking about putting the heico sport springs in.

What is everones thoughts on the ride and handling charachteristics of the heico springs? I know they lower the car 1.5", but I do not want to affect the ride quality of this car at all. Also what size tires will I need to buy with the springs installed. I still want some good sidewall on the tires but dont want any rubbing issues.

Also if anyone has any for sale let me know

Thanks,

Travis

Modified by BFJohnson at 11:36 AM 4-18-2009

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Re: Question on Springs (BFJohnson)

Quote, originally posted by BFJohnson »
What is everyones thoughts on the ride and handling charachteristics of the heico springs? I know they lower the car 1.5", but I do not want to affect the ride quality of this car at all. Also what size tires will I need to buy with the springs installed. I still want some good sidewall on the tires but dont want any rubbing issues.

Also if anyone has any for sale let me know

First of all, WELCOME to the forum!!! Its always great to see new enthusiasts on here!

I dont personally have the Heico springs but I do have lowering springs on my 2.4i and you always have to consider that when it comes to lowering a car, you are going to sacrifice SOME comfort which is made up in the handling department! If you are not wanting to affect ride quality at all then lowering the car is not really an option.

As far as tire size, Im riding 225/40R18 and its comfortable enough for me...

Here are the tires Im riding on:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/...ing=H

See what others say! And again, welcome!

·
Registered
77 Posts
i am on the same boat, i am installing the heico lowering kit and i recently bought a set of pegasus replicas, i want the 235 45 17 but i need to know if it will rub? or if is better to go with the 225 45 17? i really want the 235 but im not sure what to do... thanks

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Re: Question on Springs (BFJohnson)

The comfort you sacrifice is worth the additional handling IMO...but it really depends on you and your wife.

I have the H&R Springs and they did a nice job of dropping but I do rub a little running 18x8 Rials on the car. Not too annoying but if i'm in a bad mood...well...

Anyway, welcome to the forums! If you try out the springs and you dont like them im sure you could sell them quickly on here. Always people looking to buy parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.