SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back when I purchased by 2018 XC90, Volvo was offering a Safe and Secure Plan Incentive to VW/Audi/Porsche TDI owners. (Essentially the plan included wear items (brakes and wipers)and warranty extension to 5/50K miles and the 40K and 50K mile services at no charge; quoted as a $1,700 value). I claimed this offer because I had a diesel Audi Q7 that I had "fixed" by Audi and traded on the Q7. At closing on 1/2/2018 I received one page with the VIN and my name handwritten acknowledging the Safe and Secure plan (not signed by the dealer "authorized" representative) and a few other boiler plate pages about the plan. Did anyone who took advantage of this offer receive any other paperwork or confirmation? I'm asking because flash forward to 6/14/2019 I take my XC90 in and ask for wiper blades stating they should be covered by this plan. Later the service advisor calls and says they are not covered by my Platinum Coverage warranty . I explain to him that I should have Safe and Secure Plan (not related to the Platinum Coverage Warranty) and e-mail a copy of the paperwork to him. He eventually relented and put the blades on at no charge but I'm wondering if I will have issues when the time comes to claim any other parts of this coverage like the 40K and 50K services. In general, this dealer has a decent reputation for service.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts