SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The SIM card for the modem found in the passenger foot-well has popped out two times so far. Which in turn has caused the pop up notification there is no SIM found. So far I just push it back in till it clicks then good to go, till it happens again.

Has anyone else experience this anomaly occurring with their modem? Car is one month old today and it has done this two times so far with the occurrence happening about a week plus apart.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
The SIM card for the modem found in the passenger foot-well has popped out two times so far. Which in turn has caused the pop up notification there is no SIM found. So far I just push it back in till it clicks then good to go, till it happens again.

Has anyone else experience this anomaly occurring with their modem? Car is one month old today and it has done this two times so far with the occurrence happening about a week plus apart.
If car is still under warranty, just have the dealer give you a new sim card holder.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Odd that it has to be in such a weird area. Why not just in the dash or glove box or something easily accessible?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've had my car for 15 months now with SIM in place since day 1 and a SIM swap in October. Never had any issues with the holder popping out.

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A5010 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have noticed that,using an identical sim and the same provider as my phone that the car sim always gets one bar less on the display.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
That sounds like maybe the antenna for the modem is not as good as that in your phone. Speaking of which, where are the radio and modem antennas? Are they in the thingy at the back of the roof? I think that’s the XM antenna housing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just be careful when dealing with the sim tray... The design is flawed and if the tray slips, it will fall behind the floorboard and is impossible to reach without dismantling the floorboard. The dealership says this is not covered under warranty either.

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
Just be careful when dealing with the sim tray... The design is flawed and if the tray slips, it will fall behind the floorboard and is impossible to reach without dismantling the floorboard. The dealership says this is not covered under warranty either.
For this reason, I taped the opening with duck tapes... It is really weird they left the opening at bottom. If they need an opening for whatever reason, it should be on top of the tray. Maybe they didn't figure out the right direction of plugging in until released.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The sim holder is marked ok but it seems to marked on the bottom! I did drop the sim holder but with some effort pulling back the carpet an the use of chopsticks did manage to retrieve it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
That sounds like maybe the antenna for the modem is not as good as that in your phone. Speaking of which, where are the radio and modem antennas? Are they in the thingy at the back of the roof? I think that’s the XM antenna housing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or that the modem has less transmit/receive power available...I discount that as the modem is probably a standard off the shelf chip.

I would put the antenna in the sharks fin or even a trace in the static part of the sun roof or the rear window.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts