SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

hey guys, does the polestar ecu flash only apply to Polestar mode, or do we see/feel the difference in other modes as well?

thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
Generally, yes:

The Dynamic mode will become your Polestar mode, which has the most aggressive differences.
The Comfort mode will be affected by many of the Polestar improvements - faster gear changes, improved throttle response. For me, Comfort now feels like what the previous "Dynamic" mode was, but better.
I suspect the Off-Road mode gets some of those improvements as well, but I'm not sure.

Hope that helps!

hey guys, does the polestar ecu flash only apply to Polestar mode, or do we see/feel the difference in other modes as well?

thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
ps - one other thing I learned after the fact, you'll get a period of time (I think it's 30 days?) to have it undone + refunded if you don't like it. I can't imagine someone seeking a tune not liking it, other than maybe expecting too much and being disappointed, but I suppose it happens - nice to know you can have it undone if you're squeamish.

Last point, when I first got it I found the polestar mode - how can I say - jerky. What really happened was I was still driving it like without the polestar upgrade and hadn't yet adapted to the sensitivity. Not to overblow it, but it will make changes you feel. It took me about a week to adapt my driving to the new setup and drive it smoothly; now I'm always in polestar mode and can't imagine being without it.

·
Registered
'21 XC90 T6 Momentum Plus/Bright Silver Metallic/Black//21's//Polestar Tower bar and chip upgrade
32 Posts
ps - one other thing I learned after the fact, you'll get a period of time (I think it's 30 days?) to have it undone + refunded if you don't like it. I can't imagine someone seeking a tune not liking it, other than maybe expecting too much and being disappointed, but I suppose it happens - nice to know you can have it undone if you're squeamish.

Last point, when I first got it I found the polestar mode - how can I say - jerky. What really happened was I was still driving it like without the polestar upgrade and hadn't yet adapted to the sensitivity. Not to overblow it, but it will make changes you feel. It took me about a week to adapt my driving to the new setup and drive it smoothly; now I'm always in polestar mode and can't imagine being without it.
The jerkiness is primarily in downshifting as you break. It's a very common thing to feel if you're used to driving a manual transmission vehicle. It has a noticeable torque when it downshifts but that is to enable it to accelerate immediately if needed.

If you're used to driving a manual transmission or you enjoy engine braking then it will be quite normal. Otherwise it just takes some adapting to but it's noticeably quicker and more dynamic across the board.

·
Registered
282 Posts
It is VERY clear when you are in Polestar mode. Our boys know when I drop my hand down to the console to slide it into "beast mode" as my youngest calls it, I typically get a "ok dad take it easy" comment from them. Usually I just enjoy the mid range 2,500 to 4,000 rpm range and mid throttle pressure. Problem is staying below jail speeds so it is very short lived when I do enjoy it. The good/bad thing is the combination of the power delivery and the smoothness of the total package makes for such an enjoyable ride at any speed. Just have to watch the speed because the cops will not be accommodating of commentary such as "sir I did not realize how fast I was going".

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hahha I hear y’a. This thing would be a beast with the same config if it were a 5cyl, 2.5 litre

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok bot the car. Love it. The polestar mode is awesome. It actually sounds different, I can hear the supercharger more. But exhaust note sounds a bit different. Can anyone confirm the latter?

·
Registered
‘19 t6 inscription silver/brown w/air, b&w, lux, polestar, 21’s, etc
311 Posts
Yes, exhaust valve in passenger side tailpipe opens in dynamic/polestar mode

1 - 12 of 12 Posts