SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IF the S60 R-Design came with a manual transmission would you go rush to buy it?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
IF the S60 R-Design came with a manual transmission would you go rush to buy it?
Haha, oh you'll get flamed for this. Simple answer is no. The new S60 is a boat, has no 4C (r-design doesn't have it at least), no brembo's, and just feels sort of cheap on the inside.

It's a good car for what it's designed to do, but it's not an R

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
I think many would but there would be not enough volume (poor business model) for Volvo (Geely) to spend the million dollars or so just to federalize a 6 speed manual

·
Registered
998 Posts
Isn't it weird that the T6 has the 4C option and the R-Design doesn't?

·
Registered
89 Posts
If they sold a MT V70 R-design, I would put it on my list of cars to buy once they're 5 to 8 years old and 1/4-1/2 of their original price :).

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I love my R but it will be my last Volvo unfortunately. Love the XC90, P2R, and the C70 (in black), but I don't love them enough to buy another. I think my next vehicle will be a C or E class AMG once my R is dead... which isn't happening anytime soon :)

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I love my R but it will be my last Volvo unfortunately. Love the XC90, P2R, and the C70 (in black), but I don't love them enough to buy another. I think my next vehicle will be a C or E class AMG once my R is dead... which isn't happening anytime soon :)
As much as I love volvo, unless the new P* S60 is good AND cheap enough, I probably will get an M3 or something. Sometimes I wish I didn't get the R, it's been a bit of a headache. It's starting to feel like an old girlfriend. I really need to get a job that doesn't involve driving my R all day....

Or, I just need to pickup a cheap beater miata or something to toy around with. Something I don't have to worry about parking, worry about putting my soda can on, leaning against, washing bird poop, getting keyed, having suspension break, having leather rip, angle gear, slave cyl.... etc...

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Yup my r will be my last Volvo.. Probably get a SHO or a 335xi.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I would consider it of I were looking at a new car. I love my Volvo's and will definitely buy more in the future. I would love to get an mid-2000's XC70 as a daily driver and keep the R for fun days! Plus it would keep the kids out of the R.

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
New S60 R Design is a great car, and I'd certainly consider it with a manual, but it still doesn't have the brembos... but for a little more money you can get the Brembos along with a supercharged 662 hp shelby GT500. Think that will be my next car, really sick of trying to get the Volvo to 400 hp, fighting the ECU and crap tunes.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Yannis follows me around in all the other threads about this subject repeating this.

... and pushing aside any R-owners' personal bias, the current S60 T6 (R-design for that matter) is just on a different level when compared to the previous R. It is just a much better car.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
New S60 R Design is a great car, and I'd certainly consider it with a manual, but it still doesn't have the brembos... but for a little more money you can get the Brembos along with a supercharged 662 hp shelby GT500. Think that will be my next car, really sick of trying to get the Volvo to 400 hp, fighting the ECU and crap tunes.
750hp! Super snake

Via iPhone

·
Registered
144 Posts
No. simply because just having a manual does not make it an R. There's no exclusivity to an S60 R design and the name "R design" sounds cheesy. This will not be my last Volvo but I do wish I had an old 240 turbo as a daily driver.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
If you want to stay in business, you need to go where the market leads you! The R only existed because it could be readily built from the regular P2 platform. I am sure Volvo Inc was not pleased with the overall number of vehicles purchased over the product run. I know it is a nasty thing to state in today's PC world but companys are in business to make a profit. Even really "bad" ones that don't make product in this country and are owned by the dreaded Chinese!

The V70R with a 6 speed was the "unique" product in the line. Alternative sedans are much more plentiful than wagons.

I am sure the current generation of car is much refined from the P2 but so are the competitors!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts