SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had the same airbag failure failure this morning that others previously reported in a different topic. It seems like sooner or later I experience them all...

Anyway, it went away after a short drive and power down and power up again. So I am thinking it's a battery related issue from all the ways the car seems to drain it while off and locked.

Anyway, that's not my topic here. I was more curious what the process was supposed to be to read messages after they disappear from the screen after a short moment. In my case the message popped up briefly then became just an orange 'i" icon at the top center of the dashboard screen over part of the navigation screen sky. I couldn't figure out any way to click to get the full message again. None of the buttons on the steering wheel brought the message up again. And, logically, you would think they would put messages like this in the "Car Status" app, but they apparently don't. In fact, I have never once has ANY messages in that app. It has two tabs, one for messages and one that shows the tire pressure. But it doesn't seem to use the messages tab show show any of the alters, past or current, it has about the vehicle. Is that intentional? What is the point of the feature if not to show these? And what is the point of an "i" icon that implies additional information if there is no way to access it?

·
Registered
673 Posts
I'm stumped. Like you, I assumed all the messages would be in the "Car Status" app.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hi Cities,
I had messages in the "car status" but they stay there only if they are unresolved. Once the problems clear they disappear from the app (but stay in the car internal log for viewing by the service tech).
Would make probably sense to have a (clearable) history of alerts in the app ... we just got a new wish to add to the list :D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Cities,
I had messages in the "car status" but they stay there only if they are unresolved. Once the problems clear they disappear from the app (but stay in the car internal log for viewing by the service tech).
Would make probably sense to have a (clearable) history of alerts in the app ... we just got a new wish to add to the list :D
That's interest and yes that would make sense.

But just to be clear in this case, I tried accessing that app while it was still giving me the "i" alert on the dash display, so the car thought the problem was current. In fact, I did it only a moment after it first appeared on the screen.

·
Registered
673 Posts
But just to be clear in this case, I tried accessing that app while it was still giving me the "i" alert on the dash display, so the car thought the problem was current. In fact, I did it only a moment after it first appeared on the screen.
Sounds like yet another bug in the Sensus system.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
oh yeah. I have this too, every time I use the remote start even. And currently my wiper fluid is low, and I am lazy, and every time I start the car I get the message plus a "messages stored in car status" message on the sensus screen. Sometimes the wiper fluid message is there for a little while, sometimes not at all.

Its been like this from day one for me but like everything else I just keep giving them the benefit of the doubt til the FINAL UPDATE.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts