SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 1993 Volvo 240 Wagon in great condition with only 49,000 miles. No rust, new exhaust, Air conditioning and beleive it or not, was driven by a 71 year old man who recently passed away. What is your experience with reliabilty in these cars and what is a car like this worth.<BR> Thank you

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds like a good deal so far but check to see if maintenance was kept up, with regular servicing, preferably by the dealer.<P>The 93 was one of the last years it was made and had quite a few refinements in it.<P>Could be a great find, depending on the price.<P>

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
It sounds like a car that's definitely worth buying. You can expect that car to last another 200,000+ miles without major engine or transmission work, if well maintained. That car is probably worth $12,000-15,000, and maybe more since it's a late model wagon with very low miles. What's the asking price?<P>

·
Registered
27 Posts
So VT, did you pick it up or not? At the price you told me it was certainly a bargain, given meticulious dealer service? <P>I would reccomend snow tires however, having lived in a similiar snowy climate with a RWD 240.<P>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts