SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I own an 06 S60-R with the HU-850 Radio. I read somewhere that it supposedly plays Mp3 CD's but it didn't work when I tried it. I guess the newer models have it with that feature?<p>If I were to swap out radios, who has an HU-850 that is capable of reading Data CD's? Do you have stock part #'s I should be looking for? What year did it come out of?<p>Most importantly, is that radio plug and play backwards compatible with another HU-850 that did not have that capability?<p>Thanks for your help on this.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Re: Question about the HU-850 Radio (sdigital)

i thought the same thing for my 07, and was told by the dealer that you can't exchange it. do you not have an aux. in?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Question about the HU-850 Radio (ExBimmerBoy)

I have an aux in and as a matter of fact I have the IMIV ipod/video adapter but I am just looking to find a replacement radio at a junk yard and I want to know which part # to look for. I'd like to have all capabilities<p>If your 07 doesn't have it then that sux, I was under the impression I needed an 07 model, anyone with a newer year? Cmon ppl!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Re: Question about the HU-850 Radio (ExBimmerBoy)

That's kind of weird, I have an HU-850 in my 02 T5 and it plays the MP3 discs just fine. I don't don't have the aux input though.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: Question about the HU-850 Radio (chillidawg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>chillidawg</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's kind of weird, I have an HU-850 in my 02 T5 and it plays the MP3 discs just fine. I don't don't have the aux input though.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Is there a special way you write the dics? I assume all mp3's are in the root directory and there are no folders.<p>I have an '06 with the HU-850 but have not tried using an mp3 disc yet. I need to get off my as* and test it out.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Re: Question about the HU-850 Radio (850arrrsaylikepirate)

My 05' S40 played MP3's just fine as long as the tracks were not located in folders and if there was anything on the disc other then the tracks it would not read the disc. Give that a try. Good luck.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: Question about the HU-850 Radio (mad matt)

Thanks, I will give that a try.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Re: Question about the HU-850 Radio (850arrrsaylikepirate)

I don't think there was a special way I did it. I just downloaded some music from the internet and then stuck a disc in the drive and hit burn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts