SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if dealers flash 2001 S60 T5s during a 15000 mile service? Does it differ between states, if so do they in California? The reason why I am asking is because i put in a new ecu chip into my car and flashing it would delete all of the data in the chip..<P>Thanks for Help<P>~SPENCER~<BR>

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gotballs:<BR><B>Does anybody know if dealers flash 2001 S60 T5s during a 15000 mile service? Does it differ between states, if so do they in California? The reason why I am asking is because i put in a new ecu chip into my car and flashing it would delete all of the data in the chip..<P>Thanks for Help<P>~SPENCER~</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>They should not flash your ECU, at least not in the manner that would erase your program. Flashing the entire ECU costs money (for the software download) so no one would throw away money just to flash, unless there is a major recall on ECU software. It does not hurt to ask or even tell them to not download any software unless you know.<P>Yannis<P>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts