SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing the astronomical price of adding the factory package as an afterthought, wouldnt it be cheaper to buy 1 prepainted factory rear sport pack bumper, the front splitters from vptuning (i believe it is them who stocks them) and the side skirts from volvo direct? has anyone else thought of this before? I ask this because my body shop would do the paint and install for a very very reasonable price.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: question about factory sport package (gonelaxin)

What's the difference here?<br>The front splitters ae the cheapest part of the entire deal and besides have you priced the kit lately?<br>The prices have gone way down

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: question about factory sport package (JRL)

Actually I have not priced the kit from volvo direct lately. The reason I ask is because the 2 splitters are 120 each. The rear bumper painted from volvo is 458. So, my reasoning is the cost of those items equals roughly 700 bucks. So according to viva, the whole kit primed is 2500. So is the cost of the skirts and spoiler (which I dont want anyway) is 1800?!? Something does not add up to me. Perhaps you can enlighten me JRL?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

WHAT exactly are you trying to achieve here?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: question about factory sport package (JRL)

Well I can get the bumper and the front splitters, I just need the side skirts. So bascially in a round about way, I am asking what is the price on the side skirts? I mean it just did not make sense that the bumper/splitters add up to roughly 700 and the enitire kit sells for 2500. It just doesnt make sense. Am i missing something?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts

2300-2500 complete kit WITH all OF THE hardware (AND THERE IS ALOT) primed from the dealer. Expect 700-1500 for paint depending on if there is any sanding that needs to be done. I spent a total of 3495.00 buying the kit from the dealer and having a custom shop do the paint work!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts